Shackled City - Chapter I

hippocrachus

First Post
"Just thought I'd ask," he says grinning. "It's a pretty curtain. That's where I'd keep my tools and stuff if I had a shop like this."
He walks over to the door and opens it.
"Let's go guys," he says looking at everyone in turn, including the gnome. "We'll come back later tomorrow, when it isn't such a bother," with that, he shuts the door and stands looking at the curtain quietly.

kirinke

First Post
Alinis scowls in the direction of the curtain and quietly takes her bow off her shoulder and uses the arrow she had been playing with earlier into a 'ready' position, too keep from making any further noise.

Come out, come out wherever you are, she thinks to herself.

Manzanita

First Post
Raven

Raven enters with the others, and nods slowly as she stares at the gnome. As silently as possible, she prepares her morning star, then creeps towards the curtain.

Majin

First Post
The curtains are jerked aside sharply as two skulks come out from behind them, at first their eyes are on the gnome, but they quickly take in the others still in the room, as they are surprised to see you. It is evident their intentions are not in the least pleasant as the size up the group, poising to attack.

Initiative:

Raven - 19
Elyas - 16
Orpheus - 15
Alinis - 13
Kiyoshi - 12
Zeric - 10
Skulks - 9

OoC: Sorry for the long delay guys, was expecting a post from Verbatim to come but never did unfortunately. Hopefully, as we know about his current troubles, he will return to us shortly. As for the Lolth game, anyone else should feel free to go about town looking for something to do, or future adventure hooks (;)) as given Verbatim's situation, the talks with Treeroot could take awhile, I don't think he would be offended if those not directly involved take their leave of the council hall. :)

kirinke

First Post
"Being upright and polite obviously doesn't work with you guys too well," Alinis growls as she lets loose with an arrow; aiming for ugly-mug number one and pops another in place, and fires at the other, with the intent of causing great bodily harm. IE: killing the s.o.b's.

Manzanita

First Post
Raven

Raven gasps at the new figures. Seeing their hostility, she takes the first swipe, smashing at the closer one's head w/her morningstar (+3 1d8 +3)

Dhes

Explorer
Elyas mumbles a few words under his breath and lets a magic bolt fly from his finger tips, aiming for the farthest skulk.

(Magic Missile 1d4+1)

“Please try to take them alive, we don’t want blood on our hands and they could have some useful information.”

After casting his spell, Elyas makes a desperate attempt to load his crossbow.

ooc: :D post #100....

Last edited:

kirinke

First Post
"Hells! These types will probably slit their own throats before we can capture them!" she shouts at Elyas. She then curses roundly as she fires again.

hippocrachus

First Post
Considering himself to be at the safest distance from his new enemies, Orpheus unshoulders his lyre and begins to play an up-beat bagatelle.

(Inspire Courage +1, Peform String Instruments +7)

Majin

First Post
OoC: I think the best solution is that for the time being we recall Verbatim & Jarval's characters to the church of St. Cuthbert until their return, so that is where they shall be, awaiting their return. ;)

~

Raven swings her morningstar at the closest skulk, catching it hard on the shoulder as it tries to duck. (7 damage) Elyas sends his bolt of energy at it, downing it as it explodes upon impact! (5 damage)

Orpheus begins to play as Alinis looses her arrow, which sails wide of the remaining skulk. Seeing its companion taken down with ease, the skulk looks around for a place to escape. Finding none it reaches into it's cloak and steps back into the shadows, disappearing almost instantaneously as it appears to be sucked straight into the shadows themselves.

Keygan looks faint, but blows a sigh of relief at the skulk's retreat. He knuckles his forehead and wipes the sweat from it as he wanders across the room to sit in a chair.

Remove ads