Shackled City - Chapter I

hippocrachus

First Post
"The gnome has put himself in enough danger as it is. He should seek out the church for protection. Literally," he adds, stopping any 'but we are the church' comments before they're made. "Just show us where this passage is..."

Majin

First Post
"Yes I am linked with my familiar, and I can see as he sees, but he is trapped in a dark place, within one mile of here. I can sense both poor Starbrow's hunger and fright. I hope he survives long enough to be returned safely to me!"

"As for the entrance, there is a secret panel under the stairs over there, that is where you can gain access to Jzadirune, the enclave. Although I should warn you, there are doors down there that have been locked for over 75 years. Each door is gear-shaped and most are trapped. Each also bears a rune, a single letter in the Gnomish language, that needs a corresponding key of the same symbol to unlock, lest a trap possibly be sprung. Unfortunately I do not have any of the keys, but perhaps you can come across some while down there?"

Keygan brightens for a moment as he jumps up and runs over to a cabinet, "Ah! I do have something for you. A map, quite old, but it will suit your purposes. There are many secret passages within the enclave which are not marked on this map I'm afraid, but do keep your eyes out for them."

OoC: Will get the map up and provide a link to it sometime tommorrow :)

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Raven

"Thank you, Keygan." She looks at the map. "You have done the right thing to help us. Will you now go to the Temple of St. Cuthbert, and tell Priestess Jenya what you have told us? We will explore these catacombs in search of your familiar and the kidnapped children."

kirinke

First Post
Alinis looks at the map with a frown. "I know little of cave-work. But from what I understand, we will need chalk, rope and a staff of some sort in order to test our footing. Underground, the flooring may be treacherous. And for those of us that cannot see in the dark, we will also need illumination and basic supplies,"

The she-elf grinned sheepishly. "Going half-cocked down there will only get us killed and that will not save those children."

hippocrachus

First Post
Orpheus half-cocks his eyebrow at the ranger's assessment of the situation.
Chalk? Truly?
He gives Raven an all-together neutral and unreadable look.
Rogues are as good as sticks. If not better...
"I leave a good length of rope on my pack-mule; he's back at the inn..." he adds, just trying to do his part.

kirinke

First Post
Alinis grins at Orpheus' confused look when she mentioned chalk. "An unknown underground region is no different than a new forest. A wise tracker leaves marks so that they do not get lost,"

ooc:
Alinis also plans on using less.... visible means of keeping track. Little stone carns, chisel marks, a wide variety of things so people can't track their tracks so to speak.

Last edited:

hippocrachus

First Post
Orpheus looks at Alinis and nods politely.

OOC: Orpheus' reaction was more one of sarcasm :p
A map is as good as a mark for him, in other words. Sorry for the confusion, I meant to stress the "chalk" in italics...

Verbatim

Explorer
OOC: I am extremely sorry all for the extended absence. Hopefully, things will start smoothing out now, and I will be able to post like I used to. Majin, can Zeric just have missed his attack and is lurking in the back? That way, I can just hop right in with the current discussion.

Majin

First Post
OoC: Not a problem at all Verbatim, jump right on in. Glad to have you back. :)

P.S. I'll still be getting that map of Jzadirune up for you guys tommorrow. I forgot earlier to pass it along to Dhes, as he has agreed to host any and all handouts/etc. on his webspace. I'm sure he will remind me in case I forget again :heh:

Last edited:

Remove ads