D&D 5E Shadow Monk: Straight, or Monk/Rogue

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I've been playing the game aragami which makes me want to play a shadow monk/assassin. I haven't looked too much into all the abilities but my plan, if I get to play it, is to go monk 6 to get shadow step as soon as possible then rogue 3 for the assassin starter. After that full monk.

Sent from my [device_name] using EN World mobile app

OB1

Jedi Master
For what it’s worth, a buddy of mine went with this concept, starting rogue and then going 11 levels in shadow monk over the last two years. He’s constantly felt one level behind the group and hasn’t taken additional rouge levels to get to assassin for fear of falling further behind. Once he hits level 12 in monk he does plan to go to Rogue assassin 3, but he wishes he would have taken the 12 monk levels first and then switched to rogue.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
For what it’s worth, a buddy of mine went with this concept, starting rogue and then going 11 levels in shadow monk over the last two years. He’s constantly felt one level behind the group and hasn’t taken additional rouge levels to get to assassin for fear of falling further behind. Once he hits level 12 in monk he does plan to go to Rogue assassin 3, but he wishes he would have taken the 12 monk levels first and then switched to rogue.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

Yea, I wouldn't have recommended the rogue till after level 6 and ideally after level 8. Curious why he felt like he was behind the party after that?

Remove ads