WotC Shadow of the Dragon Queen Preorder Report

Did you receive your preorder of Shadow of the Dragon Queen from the WotC store?

• Not yet

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Yes, I received it!

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • I preordered elsewhere and didn't receive it yet

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I preordered elsewhere and received it!

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • I received the notice of shipping/tracking number

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Poll closed .

DragonBelow

Adventurer
If WotC thinks preorders coming thirty days after release works, good luck to them in the future. This is as disappointed in them I've been in a long time. Completely clueless on this issue, as far as customer service replies go so far.
They didn't take preorders for the boardgame by itself. Only the deluxe version, those seem to be arriving within 10 days of release

mamba

Legend
I'd wrongfully assumed that the order would ship to deliver on the release date, like with Amazon. And the lack of communication about when the order will ship is an issue.
Fully agree. If I can get it shipped faster from Amazon, then why would I bother buying from WotC. Lesson learned.

If WotC thinks preorders coming thirty days after release works, good luck to them in the future. This is as disappointed in them I've been in a long time. Completely clueless on this issue, as far as customer service replies go so far.
I don't think anyone here has seen a delivery date of more than 10 days after release. While not the best, it's also not horrible, nor anywhere near 30 days, by any means. And, anyone with the bundle has already has had access to the book online for more than two weeks now, well ahead of those who didn't...

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I don't think anyone here has seen a delivery date of more than 10 days after release. While not the best, it's also not horrible, nor anywhere near 30 days, by any means. And, anyone with the bundle has already has had access to the book online for more than two weeks now, well ahead of those who didn't...
They've said in replies that thirty days is in their range of acceptable delivery.

Putting that aside, we're still looking more than a week past release. That just shouldn't happen. YMMV, of course.

The bundling is what is appealing me, since I want both print and digital versions.
Same, getting the DDB book I was going to buy anyhow 2 weeks early was nice. That being said, I buy as much of my D&D stuff as possible at my FLGS so I made an exception on this because I knew I was going to double dip for the Soth alt cover. I don't typically buy a book twice for a cover, so I'm unlikely to buy the next bundle through WotC so I can continue to help support my FLGS.

Remove ads