• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

shadow walk as rogue?

Fersus

First Post
Hi folks!

i´m searching for an possibility to legally (not by houserule) gain the warlocks shadow walk while playing an rogue, for i´m trying to build a ninja-like mystic rogue.
the only way i managed it so far was choosing the hybrid class (combining rogue and warlock) and choosing the hybrid talent to gain the shadow walk. but this is a bit too much. while the warlock utility powers may add to the flair of an mystic rogue, the warlock attack powers are most of the time not of any use (high dex, medium wisdom (good perception is wanted) and medium consti will not give the charakter any attack values that are worth mentioning) or it would give the charakter too much arcane power wich would be beyound the small mystical amount i thought of.

I hoped i´d overseen a way of getting it that you folks have not.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Fersus

drothgery

First Post
Well, the Walker in Gloom feat from Arcane Power will do it, but that requires paragon multiclassing as a warlock, which is almost as heavy of an investment of character resources as doing a rogue/warlock hybrid.

Fersus

First Post
thank you very much for your help!

the assasin/Rogue MC Warlock way seems to be the best one, because it works already at level 2 (1 if human).

thanks a lot!

ppaladin123

Adventurer
I have a way to do it legally in the paragon tier without going hybrid. You do have to worship the Traveler from the Eberron campaign setting though.

1. Take the Traveler's Harlequin paragon path. It will remove the limit on multiclassing to only one class. It also immeadiately gives you a free multiclass feat at level 11.

2. Take feats to multiclass into assassin and warlock.

3. Take the feat, "Cursed Shadow." It requires both assassin and warlock clas membership.

Congratulations, you now have shadow walk. If you plan your feats and feat training well, you have this kick in right at level 11.

Of course if you want something that is just as good as shadow walk for granting concealment consider multicassing to monk and taking the ghostwalker paragon path.

Fersus

First Post
thanks for all your great help! i didn´t think there would be so much choices!

for we will be playing low level campaign the assassin/rogue hybrid seems to work best for me. but i´ll keep the paragon tier solutions in mind! there´s always a new campaign, and thanks to you guys i have now much more possibilities than i ever thought there´d be!

thanks again!

pauljathome

First Post
thank you very much for your help!

the assasin/Rogue MC Warlock way seems to be the best one, because it works already at level 2 (1 if human).

thanks a lot!

From your original description it sounds to me that a straight up assassin with a MC into Warlock may also fit your character very well. Ie, just drop rogue completely.

Fersus

First Post
yeah, the assassin would fit too, but he is melee only and lacks the gloaming cut power, which (given int 16) lets me shift 3 squares, which triggers the shadow walk, which gives me concealment, which is enough to let me make a stealth check to become hidden for i´m going for the cunning sneak rogue tactic (which i´ll get at level 4 by the hybrid talent feat)
playing a human would get me this combo ready at level 2, but i´m taking elf, because of the wild step, which lets me shift even in difficulty terrain...

so, and before i´ll get burned on the stake for all the witches (witch... no... which i wouldn´t appreciate at all) i´ll stop for now ;)

Remove ads