• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shadowdark looks so good!

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
I have already started fooling around with making my own classes. I think that's probably the easiest way to do this.
I trying to motivate myself to post (here or in the 5e forum) an idea of project I have: The ShadowDarkening of 5e.

Like, redo the 12 classes of 5e in a Shadowdark style, with random progression and streamlining the whole game.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
I am happy to get the ball rolling. Which classes would you like to see tackled first? Kelsey is doing the bard and ranger as stretch goals.
I guess I'd start with the classic 4. With Talents that are a little closer to their 5e's features and a little less fragile.

I had a few idea for the others:
1682191877080.png

barbarian:
d10 HP
Proficiency with leather armor, shield, all melee weapon
  • Reckless attack: Gain advantage on attack, give advantage to be attacked
  • Berserker's Vigor: Gain half-level + CON THP when using reckless attack
  • Mighty Strike: When dealing max damage on a die, roll one more damage die.

Talent (without the + stats)
  • Great Mirth and Melancholy: +2 damage when frightened or charmed by a creature.
  • Brutal Critical: When you roll a d20 on an attack roll, you add one more damage die to your damage roll.
  • +1 to melee and thrown weapon attacks and damage.

1682192186536.png

Sorcerer:
d6 HP
Proficiency with daggers, club, staff, spears, mace and shields
  • Volatile Magic: When you roll a natural 1 on a spellcasting die, roll twice on the Mishap tables and pick one of your choice.
  • Metamagic: You roll a critical success while spellcasting on a roll of 19-20.
  • Spellcasting: as a wizard, but one less spell known per level

Talents:
  • Font of Magic: Can spend a spell slots to add its Tier to the roll of a check or attack roll.
  • Gain advantage on the spellcasting roll of a spell you know
  • Spellcraft: +1 to damage roll of a spell or change its damage type permanently.

Last edited:

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Here's a thread for new classes. Posting a fighter/wizard class first.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads