Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings

Rune

Once A Fool
Also, there's a point about his origins - the guy is a thousand years old. So, his minions use things that are reminiscent of his original culture - updated crossbows and Asian weaponry. Machine guns are... very European.
That didn’t stop them from using machine guns and Stark weaponry in Iron Man. But maybe that was a franchised branch?

Of course it could just be as simple as this: where the various films differ in genre, the rules of the MCU differ in minor ways to reflect it.

This would also explain the super-human traits of the Black Widows that I’ve seen complaints about; that kind of physics-defying action is exactly the kind of thing we’d see in any other super-spy action movie.

Looks like a sequel is confirmed, with the director signing on to write and direct the sequel. Also part of the deal is the making of a series for Disney+ that will be more of a comedy than the movies.

MGibster

Legend
-the sisters involvement-Felt like the director struggled with her role. Shes got the same access to the powers as he did and yet she feels much weaker at times (you go kill dad i'm not up to it messaging even though in the ring she appears to be his equal)
Shang-Chi was holding back in the ring because he didn't want to fight his sister. And having grown up in his shadow with their father giving him all the attention, she wasn't his equal.

MGibster

Legend
I really enjoyed the movie as well with it's biggest flaw being the CGI fight fest at the end. It was just too over-the-top. I liked the villain Wenwu and I appreciated his relationship with Shaun. Throughout the movie, it was pretty clear that Wenwu was proud of his son and loved him. At the end, he saved Shaun's life and voluntarily surrendered the rings knowing he was strong enough to handle them. Admittedly this was after Shaun had already claimed them and then threw them as his father's feet (another cool move I thought).

Oh, and I just realized Bruce Banner wasn't in Hulk form during the end credits.

I really enjoyed the movie as well with it's biggest flaw being the CGI fight fest at the end. It was just too over-the-top. I liked the villain Wenwu and I appreciated his relationship with Shaun. Throughout the movie, it was pretty clear that Wenwu was proud of his son and loved him. At the end, he saved Shaun's life and voluntarily surrendered the rings knowing he was strong enough to handle them. Admittedly this was after Shaun had already claimed them and then threw them as his father's feet (another cool move I thought).

Oh, and I just realized Bruce Banner wasn't in Hulk form during the end credits.
he tried to kill his son?

Ryujin

Legend
He is the villain after all.
The super villain equivalent of my father looking down my report card of almost straight As and A+s, to tell me that a B in gym class wasn't good enough. If he succeeds in killing him, then he clearly wasn't trying hard enough.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases