• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shards of Memory OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Ahh, I was unaware of this. Hense, why I asked :)
No worries. I just hate being the wizard who either

a) Can't make items because the GM says the party started exactly at level X

or

b) Gets away with not paying XP for the items because the GM says the party started exactly at level X

:)

unleashed

First Post
Dark Nemesis said:
All right! I was leaning toward running an Eldrich Infiltrator, if that is okay. I tried my hand at rolling up stats, and here's what I got... http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=107397

-DN

You should be using 4d6.takeHighest(3) instead of just 4d6 for stat rolling, mainly to get rid of the extremely difficult math. ;)

Well your stat rolls (15, 15, 14, 13, 11, 11, 7), with all the difficult math done ;), meet Rystil's minimum requirements even if you drop a 15 (a net bonus of +2 or higher and a 15 or higher), so they're a viable set.

Of course Rystil may punish you and make you to roll again, because you didn't roll a d20 first and wait for confirmation to roll your stats. The punishment wouldn't hurt too badly though. ;) :D

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
I'm thinking without the d20 (not needed now with the name known), and the 4d6 issue (who knows - they might have rolled different) she ought to try again for something better. :)

Plus . . . all of those odd numbers. Blech! :)

Keia

Rystil Arden

First Post
Keia said:
I'm thinking without the d20 (not needed now with the name known), and the 4d6 issue (who knows - they might have rolled different) she ought to try again for something better. :)

Plus . . . all of those odd numbers. Blech! :)

Keia
I will use my evil powers to force her to roll again because of those issues (besides, two 15s and then a set of mediocre rolls are the worst possible thing that qualifies for my rules ;)). :) :D

Rystil Arden

First Post
Dark Nemesis said:
All right! I was leaning toward running an Eldrich Infiltrator, if that is okay. I tried my hand at rolling up stats, and here's what I got... http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=107397

-DN
Oh, and an Eldritch Infiltrator sounds great. Not only lots of fun, but such a perfect choice for this adventure (Hmm...though also could be good for Diplomatic Immunity--but not Viridian Plague) that if you had selected the class before I divided the groups, I'd have put you in here :D

Dark Nemesis

First Post
All right, I'll try my luck, and roll again. I thought I already had set it to take the highest three. It's not a good day when you're outwitted by a dice roller. :p

-DN

Rystil Arden

First Post
Dark Nemesis said:
All right, I'll try my luck, and roll again. I thought I already had set it to take the highest three. It's not a good day when you're outwitted by a dice roller. :p

-DN
Invisible Castle is very tricksy--sometimes it tricks people into accidentally rolling seven d6 and taking the highest 3 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads