Shards of the Silve Flame -- IC Thread

drothgery

First Post
Lord Alistair had sent two things by sending stone. A request that each of you meet him at his manor, today, and travel vouchers to be sure you would be there in time, whether by ship, horse, lightning rail, or some combination of the three. And the nobleman and theocrat had been friend and patron to you, enough that even a vague message was enough that you had quickly put your affairs in order and come.

There were very few safe ports between Silvercliff Castle and Thaliost, but House Indari's manor overlooked the rare break in the cliffs facing Scions Sound, with Karrnath on the other side. The village nearby was the only settlement larger than a one-family farm between the two points; even Lord Alistair was not sure how his ancestors had managed to build an elegant Flamist manor there.

And that manor was where you found yourselves. Or rather, in the library inside that manor. Clearly the room had been intended as a ballroom or some other large, formal purpose; the bookshelves were by far the newest things in the room, including most of the books. And the table you sat around was off in a corner, not a centerpiece of the room. It was where the servants had directed you, though; the library was where Lord Alistair talked about serious things.

"I'm sure he will be here soon," Kahlia said. She was Lord Alistair's daughter, and ought to know.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Saalin nods at those seated, having a passing acquantaince with them. He smiles a small smile at Kahlia's remarks, his focus primarly on scanning the room. He seems to be trying to identify the books on the shelves the best he can while seated. A raven's head peeks out from the long sleeves of his robes for a moment, glares balefuly around, and then disapears again.

Peering intently at a rather tall tome across the room, Saalin asks in a somewhat reedy voice, "So, Oswin, how is Berrik and your training? Been a long time absent from Thaliost before I left."

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Oswin smile and replies in an friendly tone,

"A long time indeed...since we resolved the incident with the Karrnathi spies that set up the vampire cult I beleive. Well, Berrik has moved on to training other young gifted knights of the Flame, sending me on various missions in the interim. That's how I know Lord Allistair. He aided me on Lord Berrik's request when I was tracking some agents of a posessing fiend across Thrane and even into Aundair. I have since undertaken other missions for him."

Oswin's eyes widen as he notices Hariel.

"That's where I know you...we trained together briefly in Flamekeep years ago...before I was taken off to the Paladinhood. Excellent! Working together again. How have you been...Hariel? Excuse me Saalin, i didn't mean to be rude. Just trying to place a familiar face."

Anax

First Post
Looking up from the book she had been browsing, the slight woman stared for a moment at Oswin. “Indeed, it’s good to see you again, Oswin.”

“Was it to the paladins they sent you, then? I was never sure but that they might have given you transportation on general principles. But I suppose the knights martial are the next best thing.” She grinned as she continued. “But for truth, you look well. And I suppose it’s best that neither of us took to the life we were born to.”

Hariel stood up from the table, taking her book in hand. “And you, sir?” she said, addressing Saalin as she replaced the book on one of the high-piled shelves, “I am certain I have seen you here before, but I do not believe we have been introduced.” She smiled at him, reflexively touching her hand to the hilt of the long, slender sword belted at her waist. “I do perceive, however, that we have a common interest in the art of defense.”

Last edited:

SelcSilverhand

First Post
What an interesting mix of sapients Lord Reverend Alistair has assembled, Drue thinks to himself. This one here, the Aundarian who defected during the war. Saalin, or something like that. A lot of rumors about that one, likely none of them are true though. The others are no less colorful. That one, honored for service to the city of Flamekeep. And over here, a distinguished record serving the church. So what am I doing here? He wonders to himself.

Spotting someone he is more familiar with, he gives a nod to Brother Dain.

An excellent historian that one. His objective records concerning both sides of the war shed light the truth behind rumors of atrocities and what faction committed them. Not only that, he even took part in several fights showing his courage and virtue by defending the helpless. It would be good to have that one along for whatever we are tasked with.

stonegod

"Hmm?" Saalin turns his head towards Hariel. Noticing her weapon, his hand absently moves to the rapier at his side. This disturbs the raven in his sleeve who promply flies about awkwardly, sets on the elf's shoulder, and squacks unhappily in the general direction of the room.

"Ah, yes. Old Knight's training. More of a last-line of defense when the blessing of the Flame are exhausted." He nods again at the table, his hand doing a small twirl as part of a very small seated bow. "Saalin Corlieus, Adept in the Fourth Circle of Silver Pyromancers, Order of the Pure." He squints for a moment at the others. "You are---or were---afiliated with the guards of Flamekeep by your uniform. I already know Oswin. As for you two"---he guestures at the gnome and the other human---"I recognize you from before, but names escape me at the moment. I assume reintroductions are not too much of an indulgence for and old solider?"

wabinder

First Post
Brother Dain keeps to himself for the most part, perusing through the books contained in the library. Every once in a while he pulls one down from a shelf and leafs through it for a few minutes, before carefully putting it back in its place. A couple of times he takes a pen and some parchment out of his robes and jots down a few notes after looking at a particular book.

He nods in greeting to everyone else in the room, giving a somewhat larger nod of recognition to Drue, whom he is more familiar with than the others. Finally, Dain puts his notes away and addresses everyone else. "I suppose greetings are in order, since I too only recognize most of you by face and not by name. I am Dain. Brother Dain, in case you could not already tell from my clothing. I serve at a monastery not far from here. Lord Alistair and I became aquainted as a result of some research I was conducting during the War, and I have helped him with a number of ventures since then."

Dain then sits back down at the table, waiting expectantly for someone else to continue with the introductions...

drothgery

First Post
Kahlia looked over to the maid who had appeared with a selection of food and drinks that seemed to have something that suited everyone's taste.

"Ava, could you see what's keeping father?" Kahlia asked her. "He said he would only be a few minutes behind me."

drothgery

First Post
About half a minute after Ava (the servant who brought the food) left, with instructions from Kahlia to find her father, a scream broke the relative silence of the manor house.

"That must have been Ava. Father was in his lab..." She said, but she was already breaking into a run out the door.

stonegod

Saalin bursts from his seat, quickly reaching into his sleeve to pull out a thin, smoky-orange wand. Glancing quickly around the room to ensure nothing is amiss here, he would quickly follow Kahlia towards the disturbance.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases