D&D 5E Share your 2020 D&D release predictions

gyor

Legend
Share your 2020 D&D release predictions.

I thought the upcoming book with UA Subclasses was going to be a MtG Settings guide book, but now after the last UA, I just don't think so. Could they have a book of MtG Settings + Darksun? Whatever this is, I think it will be release late Spring, say May or even June.

I still believe Chris Perkins is working on some kind of 5e update to Desert of Desolation. Release could be Summer.

I think they are working on an Exandia book of some sort with Critical Role and I think it will have the Blood Hunter class in it. There is no other reason to treat Blood Hunter as an Official D&D class in that D&D survey. Maybe an Exandia/Toril Crossover book.

Early Fall could be a BG Adventure tie in to BG3 as the big adventure.

And lastly maybe a Darksun or FR Setting Guide Book, with a fancy name in November or December.

Maybe a Kara Tur or Al Qadim box set.

ccs

41st lv DM
4 books, 2 of wich are adventures. Only 1 or 2 total that'll interest me enough to pick up.
A bunch of less useful stuff - DM screen, map/dice bundle,s etc that I'll ignore.
2? sets of minis.

I don't dare, it would be more like a list of wishes.

Maybe the updated version of the module "the house on the Gryphon Hill". And in PDF of DM Guild an atlas of Dark Sun and Ravenloft.

In the end of the next year an UA article to playtest martial adept classes, maybe for a new Oriental Adventures. Other UA will be about magic vs gunpowder, and other about mons or monster pets as demi-PCs.

In April's Fool the cybertronians (transformers) as PC race, and characters from My Little Pony as centauresses PCs.

akr71

Hero
I will reiterate what I posted in last month's release speculation thread.

There will be a product that I want and will buy or have given to me as a gift.
There will be a product I will be interested in, but may or may not end up getting.
There will be a product that I have no interest in purchasing.

No way Dark Sun or Psionics, given they still are messing around ineptly with subclasses (the Wizard one is a true travesty of muddled thinking). They can't turn that around for 2020.

I think no specific setting book is likely but rather a Manual of the Planes which is effectively a low-key setting book. Like Planescape only with all the really cool, challenging, or thoughtful stuff removed and a double dose of Blood War instead.

Bitbrain

ORC (Open RPG) horde ally
What I really want to see (but probably won’t get. My ability to accurately predict what will come out is atrocious).

Adventure Path: Desert of Desolation.

Anthology of Modules:
Collection of Horror themed adventures.

Campaign Guide: Dark Sun

Expanded Player Options: Xanathar’s 2, with a big “Manual of the Planes” chapter.

gyor

Legend
What I really want to see (but probably won’t get. My ability to accurately predict what will come out is atrocious).

Adventure Path: Desert of Desolation.

Anthology of Modules:

Campaign Guide:
Dark Sun

Expanded Player Options: Xanathar’s 2, with a big “Manual of the Planes” chapter.

Desert of Desolation is the one I feel most confident about, although when it's coming out is a question of course. I'm confident about that because it's the most popular, successful adventure that WotC hasn't touched yet, I think pressure has been mounting on WotC for years now to start exploring beyond the Swordcoast in the Forgotten Realms, and it's a very different sort of adventure from others they've done, and it has a Skyskate Ship that WotC would love to play with, a very different type of vechile from what they have played with before. Plus enough room to add what they want, update it, and expand it.

I do remember an Anthology of adventures being written, but I think that might be tied to the Exandia product for WotC, because I remember a member of Critical Role was attached to that project.

Thinking on it, Darksun can be done as a PDF first, like Wayfarer's Guide.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases