• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shark World Inc

Crothian

First Post
Carnifex said:

For trading purposes. Sure, it's mucky, gunky, and apparently useless, but then some surfacer merchant says 'hey, that stuf is really useful for us, we'll give you more of these shiny metal weapons for a few barrels of it.'

Or maybe the surfacers *don't* tell the aquatics that they find it so useful, and rather say - 'hey, you know those coral mines you have that keep on running into pockets of black gunk, well, we'll take it off your hands.' They might then buy it really cheap, concealing its true usefulness, or even get it for free, pretending to be acting in good will and removing some useless waste that just pollutes the aquatics' waters.

Well, the surfaces dwellers are going to be lower technologically then the uderwater people. THey still might have some things to trade, it's just less of that stuff. I figure the population is 1 to 100 land dwellars to sea dwellars.

Aeolius

Adventurer
200 posts. Congrats, Crothian :D

Granted, when someone starts talking about undersea campaigns, it is VERY difficult to get me to shut up. :p

The Iron Mark

First Post
What about classes? How will being underwater affect some of them? Druids would need to be reworked for more aquatic type stuff. Wizards might need more cold spells, or a free Energy Substitution(Cold) feat that is applied to all fire based spells. Could also be Lightning. I'm stumped for a weapon and armor material that you can get from the sea. We might have to make up some type of plant or rock to use.

Crothian

First Post
The Iron Mark said:
What about classes? How will being underwater affect some of them? Druids would need to be reworked for more aquatic type stuff. Wizards might need more cold spells, or a free Energy Substitution(Cold) feat that is applied to all fire based spells. Could also be Lightning. I'm stumped for a weapon and armor material that you can get from the sea. We might have to make up some type of plant or rock to use.

First of all swim is going to be a class skill for everyone. Piercing weapons are going to be very populiar. Some of the classes are going to be reworked, just like the some of the races will be.

Aeolius

Adventurer
The Iron Mark said:
What about classes?

And, if you want to be technical about it, none of a bard's typical instruments would work, underwater. I have a few, such as a magical lyre, that compensate for the increased drag and so on. Another, the oblong oboebaloo, is fitted with an airstone, a tiny rock which emits a stream of bubbles, to fill its resonating chamber.

Attachments

• mantanymph.jpg
    mantanymph.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 124

Crothian

First Post
Aeolius said:

And, if you want to be technical about it, none of a bard's typical instruments would work, underwater. I have a few, such as a magical lyre, that compensate for the increased drag and so on. Another, the oblong oboebaloo, is fitted with an airstone, a tiny rock which emits a stream of bubbles, to fill its resonating chamber.

But at the same time the area he can effect with bardic music should double.

Crothian

First Post
For default as things start to get defined I'm going to be using FFG's Seafarer's Handbook. Just an FYI as things start getting posted and I seem to be referring to something in print.

Remove ads