• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sharn Tavern: The Tower's Shard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aristeas

First Post
A young gnome in scholar's robes wanders into the tavern. She pauses for a moment to take stock of the company, and then proceeds to one of the smaller seats at the bar. "Brews, I presume? They told me to look for you, and ask you for something called a McGuffin. I think I may need one." As the warforged prepares the fabled beverage, she continues, "I'm Sirrel. A theology student at Margrave. I'm in need of a little extra money- who isn't, really? And I was told this was the place to come." Brews nods, and places the McGuffin on the counter for her. He seems to have decided that the gnome can maintain the conversation by herself, without his active participation. Sirrel finishes, "I have a little skill with divine magic, I'm an excellent scribe, and I know a vast amount of trivia, some of which relates to the dangerous creatures I assume I'll encounter in this line of work. I can also talk to moles, write essays without the benefit of sleep, speak six languages, and poke things with a dagger as long as they hold very still. I realize these aren't the most vital skills. But I'm a very quick learner.

Having done her introduction piece, Sirrel sits back and begins a slow exploration of the McGuffin experience. She eavesdrops with interest on the nearby conversation about spirit-talkers and shifter culture- something she knows regrettably little about. If this tavern's reputation is to be believed, it's only a matter of time before someone shows up offering gainful employment.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Weapon puts back his now sharpened weapons, and beings working at a few scuffs in his plating and in the beaten brown coat he wears.

[sblock=OOC]Probably no new recruiting until the 15th. That's when the 2nd level chars come on line, FYI. Its fine just be in the tavern though (no XP until approval, though).[/sblock].

Aristeas

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Probably no new recruiting until the 15th. That's when the 2nd level chars come on line, FYI. Its fine just be in the tavern though (no XP until approval, though).
No worries. Sirrel is 1st level, I submitted a week ago, and erekose just got back to me to confirm. I'm not on the big list yet, but unless I've grossly misunderstood, I will be by the time I'm in a position to do anything significant.
[/sblock]

D.Shaffer

First Post
Half listening to the conversation on spirit talking, he nodded a greeting at the newcomers as they walked in. As the gnome entered, Ghostsnout glared at her once before going back to his rabbits. "Watch you dont get to close his tail. He gets nervous when he thinks he's getting crowded." Calren smiled, showing teeth. "You're also about the size of his typical dinner. You might want to consider keeping out of snapping range."

Erekose13

Explorer
ooc: any new 1st level characters will be approved as we get them. Sirrel is approved and I'll add him later today to the list. The 15th rule applies only to new 2nd level characters. Whether a DM has an adventure ready at this time or not is another question, one that I don't have an answer to at the moment.

Aristeas

First Post
Calren smiled, showing teeth. "You're also about the size of his typical dinner. You might want to consider keeping out of snapping range."

Sirrel eyes the teeth and claws nervously. "Uh, yes. Sound advice." She tucks her feet under the bar stool, hopefully out of snapping range, and concentrates on looking less tasty than a rabbit. "I've never been menaced by a clawfoot before. I will say, he's magnificent looking. Do you often have trouble with him eating small bystanders? It must make city life difficult."

Animus

Explorer
OOC: I'm recruiting for an adventure. So far Dr.Zombie, LogicsFate and D.Shaffer are in (unless they change their mind). Character levels 1-2.

[sblock=Recruitment Note]
Code:
To whom is interested:

Competent caravan guards needed to accompany merchant caravan from Sharn to
Wroat. Excellent pay. See Hubble Weeklesworth and Swift for negotiation and
details.

--HW
[/sblock]

D.Shaffer

First Post
Aristeas said:
"I've never been menaced by a clawfoot before. I will say, he's magnificent looking. Do you often have trouble with him eating small bystanders? It must make city life difficult."
"Oh, not lately. I've mostly broken him of the habit these days. You never can tell though, they are predators at heart. Why, just last week I had to pull him off a pickpocket who tried to grab a saddlebag. Of course, that saddle bag WAS the one I used for his snacks." Calren rubbed the clawfoot's head affectionately. "You're just a mean little thing, arent you Ghostsnout? Yes you are!" He turned back to the gnome. "Dont tuck your feet in like that. It makes you look smaller and thus more edible. You want to look like you're more trouble then you're worth."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads