• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sharn Tavern: The Tower's Shard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
stonegod said:
"I am a solider, not a butcher. I fought because that is what I was created to do. Why exterminate someone, anyway? The natural state tends towards decay anyway. No reason to hasten things. *sigh*"
The warforged shrugged, but did not comment. Meditation was something for those that needed their minds taken off something. Passive oblivion. He'd prefer to see it fully aware.
"Still, you show nuance and discrimination when you choose to spare the lives of innocents, even though you were created to fight. Don't sell yourself short."

Bront

The man with the probe
Arvan scoots over near the others, listening to the conversation for a while.

"Knowing your destiny and how you choose to live it are not the same," Arvan says. "You live within your destiny, and in such you shall find your inner power, if constructs such as you have them."

Aristeas

First Post
Bront said:
"...and in such you shall find your inner power, if constructs such as you have them."

"Of course they have. He seems admirably in touch with his destiny. He was created to fight, and he's already developed a sense of when not to fight and when not to fight, and what this purpose of his means in the context of the universe. I have to say it's fairly impressive, philosophically." Turning to Weapon, she asks, "I suppose we must all seem very fragile to you? We do succumb to entropy very easily."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Weapon glances down at the many marks, buffs, and scars in his plating. "Everything breaks in time."

Patlin

Explorer
"Too true, but let us not sink into a morose pondering of mortality. We live, we have our health, we have the strength to protect what we hold dear. Are we not then in the very flower of life? Be of good cheer, Sir, for as you point out life is too short for us to make less than the most of it. Even those that seem imortal can find their lives ended in an unexpected moment. Whether elf, warforged, or any shorter lived race, we all live at the whimsy of the gods, subject to misadventure at any time."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"This is true. It's like my father always used to say--he said, 'Pumpkin, today we shall eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we may die.' I always thought that was the best way to look at things, for though the numb embrace of Dollurh is inevitable, if we don't live a full life in the present, then we might as well have already let death win--the way we use the time we have now can be our greatest victory against an opponent that shall one day overwhelm us.

Someone

Adventurer
The newcomes goes out of the tavern for a moment, looks at the sign for a couple seconds and enters again. "Sorry" says "I thought I took a wrong turn and ended in philosophy 101 at Morgrave. This is the tavern, am I right?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Well, these fine gentlemen and lady didn't have any heroics to talk about, and they seemed to prefer this topic. And myself, I'm a Bard, so I live to follow the ebb and flow of the crowd."

Aristeas

First Post
Sirrel smiles. "I actually took Philosophy 101 at Morgrave, and believe me it was less interesting than this conversation by far. But I'd be happy to swap tales of bravery and adventure, but I'm afraid I don't really have any. I'm new at this, if that wasn't completely obvious. But yes. Tales of adventure? I think there was a story about fighting against the Lord of Blades going on, before it got sidetracked."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads