• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sharn Tavern: The Tower's Shard

Status
Not open for further replies.

GwydapLlew

First Post
Del (Mordin the Dwarf)

Bront said:
"A knife's a tool, not a weapon," Arvan says. "This," he taps the axe accross his back with his gloved hands, "is a weapon of a warrior."

"I do be rememberin' that th' next time I be lookin' for a warrior. For me line o' work, a knife be less noticeable and more useful. Not that I do be doin' anythin' illegal."

Last edited:

GwydapLlew

First Post
Del (Mordin the Dwarf)

Bront said:
"What line of work is that?" Arvan asks.

"Anythin' that do be keepin' coin in me pocket an' the Watch out o' me business. I know people who know people, if'n you get m' drift - and I do be good at findin' things out. Sometimes that means needin' a sharp knife and a back door to wherever I do be findin' m'self."

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
"So, if I know you, then I know someone who knows someone who knows someone," Arvan says, seeming satisfied with understanding the Dwarf's meaning.

GwydapLlew

First Post
Del (Mordin the Dwarf)

Bront said:
"So, if I know you, then I know someone who knows someone who knows someone," Arvan says, seeming satisfied with understanding the Dwarf's meaning.

The dwarf guffaws at the simple truth in Arvan's statement. "Think o' it this way. Say you be wantin' a pretty new axe or sword. You do be wantin' the best blade for the cheapest coin. You come find ol' Mordin here and I do be findin' a man who wants to sell such a thing an' let him know you do be interested. I get me a cut, you get a blade, and the other man be gettin' cash. Everyone is happy."

Last edited:

Craw Hammerfist

First Post
A red-haired dwarf walks in and has a look about. After locating the bar, he makes straight for it. Clambering up onto a stool, he notices the sign and mutters "when in Sharn..." He hops back off of the stool and strikes an orator's pose.

"HARUMPH, HARUMPH, GOOD DAY! I" he pauses and indicates himself with a small flourish and bow, "am Craw. Warrior, traveler and rock collector. Good Day."

With that he clambers back upon the barstool and asks the bartender:"That sufficient? If so, ale." At which point Craw pulls a pouch off of his belt and upends it on the bar. He begins closely examining the resultant pile of small stones.

GwydapLlew

First Post
Del (Mordin the Dwarf)

Craw Hammerfist said:
Craw looks around at the empty bar. Well, I always wanted me own bar, but this is ridiculous."

"You no be alone, lad; some of us do be quieter than others. Pull up a chair 'n tell us yer tale."

Last edited:

Craw Hammerfist

First Post
GwydapLlew said:
"You no be alone, lad; some of us do be quieter than others. Pull up a chair 'n tell us yer tale."

Craw scoops the pile of stones he is examining back into its bag and grabs his newly refilled ale before moving over to the speaker's table.

"Ach, me focus on me collection tends to distract. Well met. I am Craw, recently departed from Mror holds. Off to seek me fortune on the road. So far, all I have found is a decent malachite and an exquisitely fine-grained black chert."

Last edited:

GwydapLlew

First Post
Del (Mordin the Dwarf)

The obese dwarf smiles, offering a collection of teeth as random as a die roll. "That do be good. Me, I do be enjoying things other'n a bit o' rock."

He picks his teeth with a grubby finger and continues. "What be yer purpose here in Sharn?"

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads