Shemeska's Planescape Storyhour - (Updated 14February2024)

Tsuga C

Adventurer
Is it possible to use the "heavy magic" to translate Baern into common safely? Being able to read it would undoubtedly save the party a lot of guessing and backtracking. Maybe the "heavy magic" could create a transparent eyepiece through which one could gaze upon Baern symbols without one's retinas bleeding and would provide subtitles for the Baern script. Did they try this at any point, or am I getting ahead of the storyline?

Shemeska

Adventurer
Is it possible to use the "heavy magic" to translate Baern into common safely? Being able to read it would undoubtedly save the party a lot of guessing and backtracking. Maybe the "heavy magic" could create a transparent eyepiece through which one could gaze upon Baern symbols without one's retinas bleeding and would provide subtitles for the Baern script. Did they try this at any point, or am I getting ahead of the storyline?

Heavy magic was always there as an option, but after some accidents with it, it became an option of last choice. And with the Oblivion Compass they had suspicions (given out of character) that they'd find some answers as they further explored in Torch (and beyond) given what Laughing Jane had told them. Admittedly that process spawned the plot arc that made some players cry. So yeah, that's on the horizon as well.

81Dagon

Explorer
Just caught up on the entirety of 2019. Some answers but even more questions. Nice to finally see Oblivion Compass.

The past update happened way way way earlier than anything else that we know about Shemeska's past history. Worth taking that into consideration as you're putting together a timeline.
Has anyone tried to? I have a visual timeline program I use when I'm writing historical fiction, so I could probably pull one together. I'd just need some help hunting down dates.

Last edited:

Tsuga C

Adventurer
Admittedly that process spawned the plot arc that made some players cry. So yeah, that's on the horizon as well.

Which I'm sure you promptly caught in vials to be stored and savored at a future moment when you're contemplating the joys and satisfactions of sublime cruelty. Go, 'Loth, go!

81Dagon

Explorer
Heavy magic was always there as an option, but after some accidents with it, it became an option of last choice. And with the Oblivion Compass they had suspicions (given out of character) that they'd find some answers as they further explored in Torch (and beyond) given what Laughing Jane had told them. Admittedly that process spawned the plot arc that made some players cry. So yeah, that's on the horizon as well.

That arc is the Blind Clockmaker arc, isn't it?

Shemeska

Adventurer
I've heard the name a lot but I'm not sure what it means beyond it being a baern. Can anyone enlighten me?

Harishek ap Thulkesh, the Blind Clockmaker. One of The Demented. Also one of only two named baernaloths in D&D printed canon (courtesy of me in Dragon magazine).

link to the story, which is admittedly spoilers for the storyhour

Harishek.jpg

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases