Shemeska's Planescape Storyhour - (Updated 14February2024)

Tsuga C

Adventurer
You make the 'loths very easy to oppose philosophically by peeling back the glamour of evil and showing them as they truly are: sadistic, self-indulgent, and nihilistic.

Coroc

Hero
I'm glad that you think that I do them justice!

And as for showing them as they truly are: Oh, you 'aint seen nothing yet.
Now i am curious, will this be resolved within the story hour? Is there some part of lore which goes much further than the many things we read so far?

Shemeska

Adventurer
Now i am curious, will this be resolved within the story hour? Is there some part of lore which goes much further than the many things we read so far?

It'll be resolved within this storyhour. I'm thinking of a few specific incidents involving some specific 'loths being very true to their nature.

Shemeska

Adventurer
Hey Shemi, is there going to be an explanation as to why the Baerns wanted that move on Athas world?

Athas was a means to an end.

There are already hints as to why and what for. There are suggestions that Daru's box is similar in some capacity to Ghyris Vast's "Divinity Leech" and that both were designed by Lazarius ibn Shartalan, The Architect. Now one of those was clearly operating on behalf of the Baern while the other was being run by Shylara the Manged at the behest of the Oinoloth. So on some level they're working with the same stuff, the siphoned power of gods, but precisely to what end remains to be seen. And at the same time, Cilret Leobtav did something similar with the imprisoned god of the Gautiere in the Outlands. So three different parties working with divine essence. How that all plays together and who is planning what is the big question.

Karsten

Explorer
Thnx Shemi,

So there are clearly 3 agendas over more or less the same purpose...or is there 1 agenda split into 3 different "working groups"??lol...

I was also wondering, now that we learnt that "the Ebon" means "Hubris", how far down the road is his true identity going to be revealed?

Last but not least...I'm looking forward to see when and how the Upper Planes are going to get involved in this, as I cannot imagine that they will be simply observers.

Having read the story thus far, I have to congratulate you from my side too! You've built a splendid web of plot(s). Kudos!

Shemeska

Adventurer
Thnx Shemi,

So there are clearly 3 agendas over more or less the same purpose...or is there 1 agenda split into 3 different "working groups"??lol...

I was also wondering, now that we learnt that "the Ebon" means "Hubris", how far down the road is his true identity going to be revealed?

Last but not least...I'm looking forward to see when and how the Upper Planes are going to get involved in this, as I cannot imagine that they will be simply observers.

Having read the story thus far, I have to congratulate you from my side too! You've built a splendid web of plot(s). Kudos!
You can imagine a circle of 'loths repeatedly stabbing one another, with each of them laughing and going, "Hahaha I'm brilliant! Look at how much those fools are getting hurt!"

Relatively late on a full and open tell-all on Vorkannis. There will be repeated hints prior to that.

The seeming absence of the Upper Planes thus far seems conspicuous yes. But it's for a reason that hasn't remotely been explained yet. There will be a plot arc that explores this. They will eventually have a bigger role, but again, late.

And I forgot one bit. It's not just 3 groups or 3 agendas. It's 4. Chorazin ibn Shartalan, the Thrice-Damned. They've been mentioned once so far in passing and we haven't met them. We will and we'll get a deep dive into yugoloth pre-history.

Coroc

Hero
You can imagine a circle of 'loths repeatedly stabbing one another, with each of them laughing and going, "Hahaha I'm brilliant! Look at how much those fools are getting hurt!"

Relatively late on a full and open tell-all on Vorkannis. There will be repeated hints prior to that.

The seeming absence of the Upper Planes thus far seems conspicuous yes. But it's for a reason that hasn't remotely been explained yet. There will be a plot arc that explores this. They will eventually have a bigger role, but again, late.

And I forgot one bit. It's not just 3 groups or 3 agendas. It's 4. Chorazin ibn Shartalan, the Thrice-Damned. They've been mentioned once so far in passing and we haven't met them. We will and we'll get a deep dive into yugoloth pre-history.
i cannot await it, i so hope you have much time for your update postings. You really could make a book out of it, i would gladly buy it.

Karsten

Explorer

Indeed it seems conspicuous and odd.
Truth is that ever since Belierin "incident" we did not get the slightest glimpse of anything that might be "brewing" on the Uppers.
So, I merely ask, is that "reason" so strong/serious that you chose not to divulge anything over this? (I assume your answer would be yes, but maybe you can explain it a bit...)

It's not just 3 groups or 3 agendas. It's 4. Chorazin ibn Shartalan, the Thrice-Damned.
True that. It was my mistake. ;)

Remove ads