D&D General Should The Pcs kill A Succubuss that's around 1,600 years old, which is The Succubus equivalent of A very smart 9 month old Baby?, or should they not?

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
If these threads are genuine and being written by an actual person as opposed to a neural net, then I wholeheartedly apologize.
That possibility is quite slim.

No one who plays or has ever played this game, native English speaker or not, refers to it as "DAD."

These posts strike me as rather nonsensical baiting, testing out language construction and/or trying to glean information on general thought patterns or cultural norms. Look at the topics: morality, ethics, oddly specific ages, and familial or interpersonal relationships (how do you interact with babies, how do deal with disapproving fathers, how do you deal with XYZ motivations, etc...).

It is either an AI or some troll-made bot generating these "scenarios." I would recommend everyone stop interfacing with it.

That possibility is quite slim.

No one who plays or has ever played this game, native English speaker or not, refers to it as "DAD."

These posts strike me as rather nonsensical baiting, testing out language construction and/or trying to glean information on general thought patterns or cultural norms. Look at the topics: morality, ethics, oddly specific ages, and familial or interpersonal relationships (how do you interact with babies, how do deal with disapproving fathers, how do you deal with XYZ motivations, etc...).

It is either an AI or some troll-made bot generating these "scenarios." I would recommend everyone stop interfacing with it.
Well, except for the fact that questions posed by others in response to the original posts actually get interactive responses. Unless you're suggesting that there is a human agent working alongside this malignant AI? I really hope you were kidding...

Many of us here have been bullied for being neurodivergent. We should make sure we don't become the bullies.

And if it were a GAI, I would recommend being very very nice to it. I for one welcome our new robot overlords.

This strikes me as the classical "Let's force the Paladin into a situation where no matter what choice he makes it's morally wrong" type of adventure. That doesn't sound like a fun scenario for D&D. And it doesn't make a lot of sense. The succubus is 1,600 years old, but it won't be able to defend itself for another 2-3 weeks and maybe in 2-3 months it'll actually be a threat to children?

Why? What's the point of this scenario? If it's to get the characters to treat the "baby" succubus as an innocent creature whose alignment can be changed, well, get rid of the 1,600 years because it's entirely unnecessary. And make sure the subbubus is actually a child and adulthood and any threat it might present is a few years away at the very least. The PCs will likely choose to protect the child and give it a chance at life.

Which is the 'Good' aligned option.

Canonically (and expressly in 5E) Fiends can be redeemed (and Angels can be corrupted) and both can change alignments.

An example of a canon 3.5E Good aligned succubus exists:

Eludecia - The Wiki of the Succubi - SuccuWiki

Grazzt the CE Demon was once a LE Devil. LE Azazel and literally every Erinyes Devil were once LG Angels.

aco175

Legend
No wonder succubusses, succuubi, succubises are so mad all the time. They need about 2,000 years to get 1 year of their lifetime, so 36,000 years to raise a baby to adulthood. Humans (some) complain about the 18 years it takes. This brings up the succu-mom and succu-dad responsibilities in the relationship. Although the shapeshifting ability blurs this so that either has the responsibility.

Just think of putting in all that work and sending baby out into the world only to be killed by a group of 4th level adventurers who may be teenagers themselves and only adventuring for a couple weeks.

Remove ads