D&D General Should The Pcs kill A Succubuss that's around 1,600 years old, which is The Succubus equivalent of A very smart 9 month old Baby?, or should they not?

JMISBEST

Explorer
I'm bored and I've decided to try and come up with A Scenario Idea that's very absurd but its also very plausible. Also the reason this isn't in the forum of a specific edition is because with a little work it could be used in any and every edition of DAD. So what do you think?

Basically what I want to know is should The Pcs kill A Succubuss that's around 1,600 years old, which is Succubus equivalent of A very smart 9 month old Baby? or should they not?, after all Succubus or not its still A Completely Helpless, for now but in 2 to 3 weeks it will, only just, be capable to defending itself and within 2 and a half months it will be able to kill children that are a lot older, very smart 9 month old, or rather the Succubus equivalent Terms, Baby?, or not?, after all this could be their chance to go down in History as the 1st beings to ever convert A Succubuss from Chaotic Evil into A More Expectable Alignment

The mother of A 1,600 year old Succubus, which is the Succubus equivalent of A very smart 9 month old Baby, has angered her lord, he's destroyed her and cast her child down to the mortal plains, with none of its power and he intends for it to die, luckily The 1st Pcs to find it are the only 1's in the area that may take advantage of this situation that no ones ever had before

So should The Pcs kill A Succubuss that's around 1,600 years old, which is the Succubus equivalent of A very smart 9 month old Baby?, but could they bring themselves to do it?, After all it may be A 1,600 years old in Human Terms but in Succubus terms its A very small 9 month old baby

Besides what person could kill 9 month old baby, even if it is A Deamon and its only 9 months old in its races terms but in our terms its 1,600 years old

Or should they not, after all this could be their chance to go down in History as the 1st beings to ever convert A Succubuss from Chaotic Evil into A More Expectable Alignment

Last edited:

JMISBEST

Explorer
How are the PCs supposed to know this succubus' age or maturity level?
My thinking was that if theirs A Cleric or A Magic User or both, and in my opinion its almost guaranteed that theirs both A Cleric and A Magic User, in the party then between them they would work out, because this part of the campaign requires it they would even eventually work it out without INT and/or WIS checks but doing it that way would take at least 7 hours, The Succubus rough age, and despite the fact that in Succubus Terms she's only A very smart 9 month old baby she's also smart enough, but only just, to either know or quickly realize that its likely that because she's A Succubus that she'll be killed out of hand

That's why in a attempt to convince The Pcs to either spare her or at least considering sparing her she will confirm their suspicions, which are that she's only(?) around 1,600 years old, which is Succubus equivalent of A very smart 9 month old Baby

MGibster

Legend
This strikes me as the classical "Let's force the Paladin into a situation where no matter what choice he makes it's morally wrong" type of adventure. That doesn't sound like a fun scenario for D&D. And it doesn't make a lot of sense. The succubus is 1,600 years old, but it won't be able to defend itself for another 2-3 weeks and maybe in 2-3 months it'll actually be a threat to children?

Why? What's the point of this scenario? If it's to get the characters to treat the "baby" succubus as an innocent creature whose alignment can be changed, well, get rid of the 1,600 years because it's entirely unnecessary. And make sure the subbubus is actually a child and adulthood and any threat it might present is a few years away at the very least. The PCs will likely choose to protect the child and give it a chance at life.

JMISBEST

Explorer
Succubi are ageless, they manifest fully formed and intelligent. They don't have a baby period. (This is the case for Fiends in general)

It also does not take them 1600 years to raise a child, that's not a thing.
But I didn't know that. Sorry. Another idea, why don't I change it so that its set in A DAD World were some Deamon Lords get a pleasure that even by Deamon Lord standards is very sick

This very sick, even by Deamon Lord standards, is Polymorphing Lesser Deamons into what they'd look like if Deamonic Babies would look like if Deamons could have Babies, then sending the things into the real world but before they do that they place bets on how long the things will last

JMISBEST

Explorer
This strikes me as the classical "Let's force the Paladin into a situation where no matter what choice he makes it's morally wrong" type of adventure. That doesn't sound like a fun scenario for D&D. And it doesn't make a lot of sense. The succubus is 1,600 years old, but it won't be able to defend itself for another 2-3 weeks and maybe in 2-3 months it'll actually be a threat to children?

Why? What's the point of this scenario? If it's to get the characters to treat the "baby" succubus as an innocent creature whose alignment can be changed, well, get rid of the 1,600 years because it's entirely unnecessary. And make sure the subbubus is actually a child and adulthood and any threat it might present is a few years away at the very least. The PCs will likely choose to protect the child and give it a chance at life.
1,600 years old in the terms of the physical world the characters are on, which in Succubus Terms is the same as A very smart 9 month old Baby, normally it wouldn't be able to defend itself for another 4 to 6 physical world years, but because of the nature of its banishment it can defend itself in 2 to 3 physical world weeks and normally wouldn't actually be a threat to children for 18 to 20 physical world years but because of the nature of its banishment it will be a threat to children in only 2 to 3 months

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
If my character knew what appeared to be a "baby" was actually a succubus or other demonic being (perhaps in some altered form), my character would most likely kill it quick without much thought, perhaps out of the public eye, but killed nether beings on the prime material are killed here, but not truly killed, at "death" they would appear back in their nether plane. Now if you killed it there, it's dead. I try to portray my characters as not having a 20th/21st century secular ethic, but a mindset from a different epoch than "today". A demon in any form should be killed immediately.

Remove ads