D&D General Should The Pcs kill A Succubuss that's around 1,600 years old, which is The Succubus equivalent of A very smart 9 month old Baby?, or should they not?

Unless your demons are something other than what demons are in most games - my character wouldn't care about the details, if it's knowingly a demon in ANY form, kill it now. I wouldn't thoughtlessly kill any living being even of a socalled "evil" race - depends entirely on circumstance, but a demon is an entirely different issue. It's not a living being in the normal sense - it's a demon. Kill it. Besides, I've read your posts, I'm not missing any details, it's still a demon, right? That's the only detail worth note.
Also it just gets sent back to the Lower Planes anyway after dying.

delericho

Legend
So should The Pcs...
It's up to them. There's no "should" any more, if there ever was.

IMC, demons and devils are among the very few creatures that are truly inherently evil - they're made of evil, so if they change alignment they stop being demons or devils, and become something else. But also, they come into being fully formed, so that "succubus baby" just wouldn't be a thing - she might perhaps be a succubus in the form of a baby, but she'd be fully aware and in possession of her full capabilities.

As for the possibility of redemption, well, it is possible, in about the same way it's possible to learn to fly by throwing yourself at the ground and missing. PCs going down that route would be taking an awful risk - the odds are massively against success, and the risks very significant. It's more likely that one or more of them would be corrupted than that the succubus would be redeemed.

By far, the smart money is on putting the demon to the sword, and then going and doing good where it is likely to actually have an effect.

As for the possibility of redemption, well, it is possible, in about the same way it's possible to learn to fly by throwing yourself at the ground and missing.
It may be unlikely, but I can think of two examples of it happening -
Fall-from-Grace
Arueshalae

Fiction is all about unlikely stuff happening.

But what players should or should not do is outside of the game's scope. It's up to the players to decide what to do.

Traditionally, and in most campaigns(but not all), the purpose of a succubus, regardless of age, is to tempt and corrupt mortals - to turn them against everything they value before destroying them. To make them Fall. They are 'born'/created that way from day 1.

But can they be forgiven and can they go against their nature and be redeemed?

Read one of the best Story Hours on these boards to find out:

Larnievc

Hero
I'm bored and I've decided to try and come up with A Scenario Idea that's very absurd but its also very plausible. Also the reason this isn't in the forum of a specific edition is because with a little work it could be used in edition edition. So what do you think?

Basically what I want to know is should The Pcs kill A Succubuss that's around 1,600 years old, which is Succubus equivalent of A very smart 9 month old Baby? or should they not?, after all Succubus or not its still A Completely Helpless, for now but in 2 to 3 weeks it will, only just, be capable to defending itself and within 2 and a half months it will be able to kill children that are a lot older, very smart 9 month old, or rather the Succubus equivalent Terms, Baby?, or not?, after all this could be their chance to go down in History as the 1st beings to ever convert A Succubuss from Chaotic Evil into A More Expectable Alignment

The mother of A 1,600 year old Succubus, which is the Succubus equivalent of A very smart 9 month old Baby, has angered her lord, he's destroyed her and cast her child down to the mortal plains, with none of its power and he intends for it to die, luckily The 1st Pcs to find it are the only 1's in the area that may take advantage of this situation that no ones ever had before

So should The Pcs kill A Succubuss that's around 1,600 years old, which is the Succubus equivalent of A very smart 9 month old Baby?, but could they bring themselves to do it?, After all it may be A 1,600 years old in Human Terms but in Succubus terms its A very small 9 month old baby

Besides what person could kill 9 month old baby, even if it is A Deamon and its only 9 months old in its races terms but in our terms its 1,600 years old

Or should they not, after all this could be their chance to go down in History as the 1st beings to ever convert A Succubuss from Chaotic Evil into A More Expectable Alignment
If it needs killing it needs killing. Either for it’s loot or xp.

JMISBEST

Explorer
It's up to them. There's no "should" any more, if there ever was.

IMC, demons and devils are among the very few creatures that are truly inherently evil - they're made of evil, so if they change alignment they stop being demons or devils, and become something else. But also, they come into being fully formed, so that "succubus baby" just wouldn't be a thing - she might perhaps be a succubus in the form of a baby, but she'd be fully aware and in possession of her full capabilities.

As for the possibility of redemption, well, it is possible, in about the same way it's possible to learn to fly by throwing yourself at the ground and missing. PCs going down that route would be taking an awful risk - the odds are massively against success, and the risks very significant. It's more likely that one or more of them would be corrupted than that the succubus would be redeemed.

By far, the smart money is on putting the demon to the sword, and then going and doing good where it is likely to actually have an effect.
I know that no one in my campaign worlds history has every redeemed A Succubus in a way that she'd change her alignment, stopped being A Succubus and became something else

But because I'm the 1 that made my my campaign worlds history I decided that in all of the worlds 8,202 year History not 1 person has even tried to even attempt to redeem A Succubus, which means that for all The Pcs know it could be possible, maybe even easy, to redeem A Succubus

But because of how much close to 68% of the people in the world hate Succubus in all of the worlds 8,202 History not 1 person has even tried to even attempt to redeem A Succubus

Last edited:

Remove ads