Showdown in the Forgotten Ruins

B4cchus

Explorer
"Well, what we need is to find a way to help both your people and the person we intend to help. If you will be on your way to that city, we will need to get that girl there as well. But i want some guarantee that she will be helped with that orb when she get's there. That doesn't cost you anything and will allow me to help you in the rest of our ventures here.
This would be far more easy than getting an entire city to the girl. Which city would that be, by the way?

Anyhow, before we come to that, we need to get the orb from that field first, indeed. Do you know anything about that field?

Oh and the treasure divide sounds fine to me. I am sure my companions will agrre to such a division.
"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"The energy field should be easy enough to disable. Really, a knowledge of the arcane principles of the situation is rather sufficient to analyse the local context. If anything, the field seems to have been powered in part by an energy source related to a local ley line, an energy source which has recently become delocalised. For that reason, the field should fall to fairly standard removal techniques."

"Right--you do that Tad."

"Mr. Hammerhand, our patron works for the mayor of the town of Trastia, a proud town that rests in the Fallonese sphere of influence. Send your girl to Trastia, and surely she will be cured. If there is nothing else, I will have Kendrick appraise the treasure and give you your half, in case you would rather heal your friends and be on your way to apprise that little girl sooner, rather than later."

B4cchus

Explorer
"Very well, I will tend to my companions as you concern yourself to this energy field. By the way, what means to you employ to travel back? It might be a good idea to travel at least part of the journey together as I found these regions to be quite hazardous."
After that question is ansered Findoram will head back to zap the rest of the party a good number of times with his wand of CLW.

ooc: to the rest of the party: make your own CLW (1d8+1 hp per pop) rolls as you see fit. Findoram at least will zap you back above 0 hp and more if desired.
In the progress he'll also zap himself for some hp's of healing (inv. castle seems to be down, i'll make the rolls later).
The wand has 38 charges left.

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
Tandi will probably only accept enough healing to bring her back to consciousness and one more to be sure. She wouldn't want to waste the charges.

Tandi's mind eventually allows her to realize that she is still alive. Tentatively taking a look around, she thanks Findoram and then nods inquisitively towards the new group. Tandi then slowly stands up, awaiting a response.

Brain

First Post
Scun struggles to his feet, holding his head. (after using up 2 charges to become conscious, total of 11 healing) He looks around, seemingly confused. He takes inventory of his gear while listening to the conversation.

BigB

First Post
Once healed to consciousness Rhys still feeling pain from the beating he took stands and looks around to take in the situation. "Thank you for the healing Findoram. That knew how to deliver a blow!" He then begins collecting his gear.

BigB

First Post
Once healed to consciousness Rhys still feeling pain from the beating he took stands and looks around to take in the situation. "Thank you for the healing Findoram. That guy knew how to deliver a blow!" He then begins collecting his gear.

B4cchus

Explorer
When Findoram got everybody back on thier feet he explains the situation to them:
"Very well people, listen. We have another band of explorers here with us who are looking for the very same object, the cure, as we are. We have found it and they are lowering a magic defence meckanism right now that is the last obstackle that prevents us from winning it.
They helped us defeat those villains. I'd eve go as far to say that without them we may not be lookin at eachother's faces on the High Kings creation just now.
They hail from Fallon and say they need the cure to help a good many of people who have been stricken with probably the same illnes as the one we seek this cure for.
Since they helped us and a great many of people are in need of it in a township in Fallon, I have agreed that they take the cure with them. I also made an agreement that we can bring the one that we need to cure to that very town so that she will recieve healing as well.
Finally, and not unimportantly, they have agreed to share the vast treasure that lays in this vault with us.
All in all a good deal if I say so myself. I say that we pack that treasure and head back as fast as possible. Then we transport the patient to Fallon and this whole mission will be concluded succesfull.

What you say?"

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
Tandi thinks about Findoram's words for a moment before speaking. "I may be a little out of sorts here," she indicates her wounds that are still healing. "I don't like it. What's to say that they won't take the cure for themselves? Treasure is one thing, but this cure is what we have fought and suffered for. If we go along with this plan, I'd say at least one of us should go with them while the rest return to pick up our charge. If she's even in a condition to travel. We have been gone for some time." Her words spoken, Tandi relaxes a bit and looks around at her companions, taking her own stock of their conditions.

Brain

First Post
Scun furrows his brow, obviously pondering something. "I think we would be dead if it wasn't for their help. Their idea is reasonable. I know it's been a long journey, but as Mongrel teaches, a journey is never wasted."

Remove ads