Silly druids

Spatula

Explorer
Crothian said:
WEll, rocks and Ale Mugs aren't listed as weapons in the PHB and that is the only list the Druids weapons are selceted from. Pretty much, Druids can use anything without metal. Greatclubs have metal, that is why they can't be used.

And scimitars, sickles, daggers, spearheads, etc. are made out of what, exactly?

Me, I think it's silly that druids can use darts & spears but not javelins. No, scratch that, I think that the entire list is silly.

Tetsubo

First Post
I think you should Rule 0 that Druids can use any weapon made from natural materials. A restriction on metals would manintain the "flavor" and not overly limit the weapon selection. And a sickle can be made from wood and stone.

Hecatæus

First Post
"The designers have said that the restrictions on a Druid aren't there for balance... "The designers have said that the restrictions on a Druid aren't there for balance...

Can anyone provide a link to this statement? Please.

Magnus

First Post
Re: Re: Silly druids

hong said:
D00d, you are thinking too hard about D&D. Chill out. Go play Quake 3 or something.

LMAO
well said!!!

... oh and ... yeah ... change the allowed weapons if you like :D i never got why druids couldn't use bows. druids revere the cycle of life and death, and bows are the heart of hunting. surely man is part of said cycle.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
The druid weapon list I use: Scimitar, because it is the traditional Druidic weapon; Nonlethal weapons (nets, bolas and weapons that cause subdual damage); Traditional hunting weapons (spears, bows other than crossbows, daggers, clubs including greatclub, and sling including halfling skip-rocks, though you would probably want to take the exotic weapon proficiency in them); and Farming/Woodsman implements (scythes, handaxes, hatchets, sickles, and quarterstaffs). Weapons not on the acceptable list will not result in a total loss of all Druidic spells and abilities for 24 hours, but it will result in a -6 penalty to both attack and damage with that weapon.

Morose

First Post
Hecatæus said:
"The designers have said that the restrictions on a Druid aren't there for balance...

Can anyone provide a link to this statement? Please.

I wish I had bookmarked the link, but it was made by Monte Cook I believe. Either on this board or his own boards, I forget which. The basic gist was simply that the restriction is there for flavor and distinction... much like the alignment restrictions and muti-classing restrictions of other classes.

Remove ads