• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Silver Marshes Campaign (Game Closed)

Tyreus

First Post
I'm definatly interested. I love forgotten realms, and mid to high level sounds great. Oddly enough, all of Isida Kep'Tukari's ideas sound appealing. :)

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Sorry, ignore me, I'm just here to continue a running gag: (Mostly because I’ve been forgotten about again.)

Crimson Tide said:
What do you consider higher level? 7-9, or 10-12?

If they’re gestalted! :cool:

Thanks and bye!

Oh and welcome to the board Crimson Tide! :D

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Dear lord Bro, don't make the man's head explode! Gestalted classes... (grumbles)

Sorry, long-standing joke between Brother Shatterstone and I.

gabrion

First Post
Crimson Tide said:
If you have the FRPG, then I am sure you would be fine. The book would really just give me more material to give the players, which you would benefit from as if you had the book.

Is 5th too low in your thoughts Gabrion? What kind of game do you have in mind?

Ya, I have quite a few of the FR sourcebooks, so I was hoping that would be ok. 5th level is fine, but as Isida said, don't be afraid to try something new on a PbP game. It will go reaaaaaalllllly slow, so you will have time to check what you want. Heck, some of the epic games I follow on here would normally be hell to run or play in (at least with my epic experience), but they take so long that breaking stuff down and making it work really isn't all that bad. That said, whatever you are comfortable with is fine with me.

As far as campaign themes, Isida threw out a lot of good ideas, so I will just express my favorites picks. I also enjoy the "sell your services" type game, so any type of merc or treasure hunting for pay would be fun. I also love high fantasy hero game. I just came of a bad RL experience with an evil campaign, so I'd rather not go there, but really I'm up for anything. You'll be running it, so I suggest you pick what ever you think will flow best from your end. :)

wgreen

First Post
Crimson,

I'd be up for a start-up...sounds like fun. I'd also be up for a standalone, if you do that instead. In other words, I'm interested. ;)

-Will

Prof Yeti

First Post
I too would be interested as I haven't had a FR game in many years. (Had a similar experience as gabrion and lost the group.) Though I am flexible about both level and objective.

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
I love the SIlver Marches and would love to play in a FR game. Any level would do. I even have an only character who had just hit 6th in the SIlver Marches who hasn't been heard from in a while. I'd probably adapt his 1st-6th level adventures to a backstory no matter what level we start.

Crimson Tide

First Post
So a little of the building part now. 30pt buy, standard gold for starting lvl with no more than half being spent on one item. Max hp for 1st lvl and 75% for the rest. If you want to play a char with an ECL, we need to kick it around first, but I am pretty flexible as long as you all realize that while the DM may not be predjudiced, the inhabitants of the world may not be so forgiving at first. Also, no evil chars please, I don't mind a gritty good/neutral guy, but for now would like to keep it a "positive" campaign. Also, please let me know if you still have your regional item or have sold it to add more gold into the starting pool.

I am also giving everyone 4 free ranks in a profession of their choice. I like to think that not everyone in the world was simply born with a sword/lute/spellbook/prayer beads in their hands. Please work that into your history as well...

6th lvl to begin with and if you want to be a member of the Silver Knights in some fashion that is fine with me, as to begin with it will be the guards you will be working for.

So let the ideas come on in and while I will be checking the boards off and on, it is the 4th of July timeframe, so please don't think I am in a hurry to see stuff on a holiday weekend..:)

Tentative group

Isida-(Forest Gnome Druid)?????
Gabrion-????
Wgreen- (Wizard) ????
Harvey-(Gondforged Priest of Gond)????
Prof Yeti- ( Dwarven Tank)????
Shaggy-????
Tyreus-???

I will take two more alts as well in case RL makes someone step down.

Last edited:

wgreen

First Post
Will's character

Will continue updating this as time permits...

Rhaine Alanadel, Female Elf Sorcerer 6
Medium Humanoid (Elf)

Hit Dice:
6d4+12 (31 hp)
Initiative: +3 (Dex)
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 14 (+3 Dex, +1 enhancement), touch 14, flat-footed 11 (with mage armor: 18, 14, 15)
Base Attack: +3
Grapple: +4
Attack: Rapier +6 melee (1d6+1/18-20) or composite longbow +6 [+7 if within 30 ft.] ranged (1d8 [+1 if within 30 ft.]/x3)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Spells
Special Qualities: Elf traits
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +5
Abilities: Str 12, Dex 16 (base 14, +2 racial), Con 14 (base 14, -2 racial, +2 enhancement), Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 19 (base 16, +1 level, +2 enhancement)
Skills: Bluff +12 (8 ranks, +4 Cha), Concentration +11 (9 ranks, +2 Con), Craft (weaving) +1 (1 rank), Diplomacy +6 (+2 synergy [Bluff], +4 Cha), Intimidate +6 (+2 synergy [Bluff], +4 Cha), Listen +2 (racial), Profession (clothing designer) +4 (4 ranks), Search +2 (racial), Spot +2 (racial)
Feats: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Weapon Finesse
Alignment: Neutral Good

Spells known (7/4/2/1): 0 -- acid splash, dancing lights, detect magic, ghost sound, mage hand, message, read magic; 1st -- grease, mage armor, obscuring mist, unseen servant; 2nd -- glitterdust, web; 3rd -- fly.

Elf Traits (Ex): Elves possess the following racial traits.

• +2 Dexterity, –2 Constitution.
  • Medium size.
  • An elf ’s base land speed is 30 feet.
  • Immunity to sleep spells and effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects. (Not reflected in the saving throw modifiers given here.)
  • Low-light vision.
  • Weapon Proficiency: Elves are automatically proficient with the longsword, rapier, longbow, composite longbow, shortbow, and composite shortbow.
  • +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks. An elf who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice it as if she were actively looking for it.
  • Automatic Languages: Common, Elven. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, Sylvan.
  • Favored Class: Wizard.
Equipment:
Amulet of health +2: 4,000 gp
Cloak of charisma +2: 4,000 gp
Ring of protection +1: 2,000 gp
Rapier: 20 gp
Composite longbow: 100 gp
Arrows (20): 1 gp
Dagger: 2 gp

Bag of holding (Type I): 2,500 gp
Arrows (20): 1 gp
Bedroll: 1 sp
Everburning torch: 110 gp
Flint and steel: 1 gp
Rations, trail (per day) x3: 1 gp, 5 sp
Sack: 1 sp
Thunderstone: 30 gp
Waterskin: 1 gp

Pouch, belt: 1 gp
Acid (flask): 10 gp
Alchemist's fire (flask) x2: 40 gp
Potion of cure light wounds x2: 100 gp
Smokestick x2: 40 gp
Tindertwig x2: 2 gp

Money: 2 pp, 19 gp, 3 sp

Appearance:
The vibrant red color of Rhaine’s carefully (but artfully) short-trimmed hair contrasts starkly with the dark hair more commonly found among her kind, and complements her bright green eyes well. She is of slightly above average height for an elf (about 5' 2") and is fairly skinny (too skinny, she would say) at 89 lbs. Despite her thinness, she possesses even more grace than most of her race, and other elves (and many members of other races, for that matter) find her unnaturally enchanting and beautiful. She is often seen wearing fashionable, brightly colored clothes, designed by herself and sewn by her parents.

Personality:
Rhaine is glib and innocently charming, and has a knack for talking her way out of the few rough situations she occasionally finds herself in. She is very humble, almost to a fault, and can be a bit dense at times, particularly about her own charisma. A kind, caring person, she gets along easily with most decent folk; most elves see her as slightly apathetic and impassionate, though a far sight less so than her parents.

History:
Rhaine’s parents were never well-liked by the elves of the small forest village in which she grew up. While honest and trustworthy, Arden and Heilyn Alanadel were almost universally considered stuffy, unimaginative, and boring. Still, they were happy, and Rhaine’s childhood was generally a pleasant one.
Rhaine’s family is world-reknowned for the quality and beauty of the clothing it produces. She herself was never very good at sewing, though her parents did their best to teach her; she found designing the clothes, choosing the fabrics and colors and shapes of the cloth, to be much more rewarding. She found the innate magical abilities she soon began to exhibit to be even more rewarding, however, and the elves in her small village helped her to nurture these abilities. Over the years, she grew into womanhood and into her arcane powers. She became a generally well-liked and respected member of the community, despite the community’s disapproval of her parents.
In time, however, she grew restless with her quiet life in the village. Saying a tearful farewell, she left her home and began to walk the land, exploring the world and helping those in need. Now, several adventures later, she finds herself a bit older, a bit wiser, and a member of the Silver Knights. She has not seen her home in a long time, though she often sends money to the village, hoping to help her people to prosper. While she sometimes wishes she could be back with her family again, she hopes to do much more good here with the Knights than she ever could on her own.

Last edited:

Remove ads