Sinister Spire(con't RBD)(Orsal Judging)

Phoenix8008

First Post
Phoenix- F Elan Soulknfie 4 (Current AC: 12, HP: 40/40, PP: 6/6)

Phoenix hands over the sunrod to Rowan before speaking, "Okay, you go down first Rowan, then we'll tie a rope to it and lower the raft down so you can grab it and hold it steady. Then I'll climb down and finally Lookspring will come down with you and I to hold the raft in place under him when he reaches bottom. This all assumes that the water is low enough for us to still stand on the bottom and have our heads above the water. It was that low when I last climbed out, but the water had just been released then so I don't know for sure what it will be like now. Otherwise, we're gonna be swimming for a bit." she finishes.

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan smiles gallantly. Here he is again. Lowering himself into a black pit w/little idea what to expect, and not even wearing his armor. He leaves his guisarme on top with the raft, just securing his heavy flail to his belt.

"If I never see you again alive..." he smiles, and continues softly to Phoenix, "it's been fun." He takes the sunrod between his teeth, and slips over the edge.

BigB

First Post
Rowan slips over the edge and out of sight of the others. The wooden well provides many handholds, an easy climb down to the water which Rowan finds cool and refreshing, about 4' deep. There is a tunnel leading out of the well to the south.

No other activity noticed.

Manzanita

First Post
"Should have developed a code." Rowan mutters, hating to make a lot of noise. But seeing no choice now, he cups his hands around his mouth and shouts upwards. "Lower the raft! Then follow!"

Phoenix8008

First Post
Phoenix helps to hoist the raft up onto the well, and after checking that the ropes are tightly secured, tips it over the edge and into the well itself to lower down to Rowan. Once he has it safely down on the water, she grabs the rope herself and begins climbing down the dark shaft once more. She knows she's near the bottom when she starts seeing shadows from the sunrod Rowan is holding. Suddenly she pictures things from another perspective...below herself...where her short skirt must be covering very little even before the light Rowan holds dispelled any hope of shadows to hide in. Realizing that she had stopped moving while picturing the scene, Phoenix blushes before finishing the climb downwards. Then her legs finally slip into the freezing cold water and she gasps in shock as all else is forgotten for a moment. Though her backside is now hidden beneath the water, she quickly realizes from Rowan's stare that her front side is now advertising the coldness of the water for her. 'How can I feel so hot on the inside while standing here chest deep in this freezing water?' she wonders to herself before breaking away from looking at Rowan.

Yelling back up the well herself this time she shouts "Lookspring! Come on down, we'll hold the raft still for you to get in once you make it down here!"

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Lookspring scrambles nimbly down the rope into the well, reassured by the lack of screams that nothing lurks below. When he reaches the bottom and the air becomes unpleasantly dank he begins to have second thoughts. However, he is unwilling to turn back with the other two watching him closely. He clings tenaciously to the rope while he taps the raft with one foot to test the stability. When both feet and a hand are secured to the corners of the raft, his one free arm still twists around behind him with a death grip on the rope. With a visible effort of will, he releases the rope and with a rapid move grabs at the raft causing it to buck with the sudden motion. He lies spreadeagled across the surface for a moment, oblivious to the ridiculous sight.
After a moment he raises his head and though the look on his face is still one of fear, his voice is steady. "Okay... Okay lets go. The sooner we find dry land the better."

OOC
[SBLOCK]
I'll have the snake follow about 10' behind us.
[/SBLOCK]

BigB

First Post
The climb down is relatively easy for all, even if a bit embarrassing for Phoenix and frightening for Lookspring.

You move along the tunnel about 20' and it opens into a larger chamber (60'x30') with the tunnel continuing out the east side (this is where Phoenix and Lookspring encountered skeletons and zombies before) The floor is flooded with water 4' deep the same as before continuing along the west route you come to another opening where Phoenix and Lookspring encountered dwarf miners and found some gold further on is the location the dam had been. To the north and south are dry tunnels. The one to the north seems undisturbed since Phoenix and Lookspring were last there. The tunnel to the south has wet footprints easily seen by Phoenix and Rowan. The underground river flows north to south, the way you came was an offshoot of the river so crossing the river will require a balance check by Lookspring and swim checks for Phoenix and Rowan. The dry tunnel to the south is the direction where the scrolls were found after defeating the dwarf cleric also ;) .

The dam has completely been washed away.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Seeing the wet footprints, Phoenix signals silently to the others to to stay quiet. She does her best to swim across the current of the river and then to climb up onto the dry land. But trying to swim as well as keep the raft stable proves more difficult than she expected and she gets pushed under the surface.

OOC: Swim check (1d20+3=4)
Here are some more swim checks that will hopefully allow her to get to shore:
Multiple swim checks to get to shore. (1d20+3=19, 1d20+3=11, 1d20+3=18, 1d20+3=6, 1d20+3=11)

Assuming she makes it, she climbs out of the water as quietly as possible and quickly does what she can to help anyone else to shore that might need it. After that, she opens her bag of holding and starts pulling out the armor to put back on as quietly as possible.

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan is uncharacteristicly polite. When he notices Phoenix's awkward position, he shifts his gaze downward, and pretends not to notice anything amiss.

Rowan allows the others to take the lead here, as they know the territory better. If Phoenix can swim across safely, Rowan will follow. First he'll tie one end of his rope to the raft, and tie the other end around his waist. "I'll pull you over as soon as I get there," he says to Lookspring.

He doesn't have much luck with his swim either (1+6=7). He does a little better after that.

OOC: First check=7, subsequent = 8,14,14

SelcSilverhand

First Post
As soon as the raft nears the shore, Lookspring lunges forward across the gap. He lands hard on all fours but the relief of being on shore makes up for the awkward landing. Composing himself, he sets to work studying the tracks from the water. He hisses to the others saying, "I told you, the watery dead have risen! We should turn back before we're all rotting corpses as well!"

[SBLOCK]
Lookspring has Know.Nature +9 and Know.Dungeoneering +4 for identifying what might have made the tracks. His survival roll is: Lookspring Survival to follow the tracks (1d20 10=12)
[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads