D&D General Sites or pages for recruiting IRL players.

Decent population size. Very high average age. Translates to a town where almost no one has time for anything because entry level workforce (18 to 30) is abnormally small for population size. Which means nearly all young people work nearly nonstop.

Yeah. I will be listing my area a pretty fair distance away from my actual area. Thanks for bringing that to mind.

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
check if one of your nearby FLGS has a facebook group or an AL night. Even if you don't want to run AL, running it for a few weeks can be a good way to find youself a stable group you can just start running a normal campaign with

Anyone know any sites for someone who hates Reddit, twitter, and facebook for privacy, censorship, and huge political bias reasons? I ask because i find a lot of people on all 3 but its dicey whether they are gonna be very emotionally attached to their politics. My group dpesnt like dealng with people who are so...obsessed?

I know not everyone is like that on these three sites. But they attract a lot of people like that. Got any aites where the persuasion is not pushed so hard in the "easily upset" direction? Discord used to be good for this. Used to be.

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
Anyone know any sites for someone who hates Reddit, twitter, and facebook for privacy, censorship, and huge political bias reasons? I ask because i find a lot of people on all 3 but its dicey whether they are gonna be very emotionally attached to their politics. My group dpesnt like dealng with people who are so...obsessed?

I know not everyone is like that on these three sites. But they attract a lot of people like that. Got any aites where the persuasion is not pushed so hard in the "easily upset" direction? Discord used to be good for this. Used to be.
I'm in a $city gamers, $flgs gamers, & gaming at $otherFLGS groups on facbook and usually only see a couple posts a month

just make an account, use it for a few weeks, throw it away when done. They probably already have your email address & know your favorite soda, but if the thought of giving them your email address bothers you then just make a throw away gmail/outlook/etc account.

gomilixo

Villager

Use a burner email.
I use spamgourmet

Use a burner email.
I use spamgourmet
Using a burner email to create a shell account is unfortunately not going to increase the percentage of people found on facebook who have brains bigger than the head if a pin and who are sane.

Ill be blunt. Id ratger recruit from storm front than facebook as the people there on average are saner and more polite. And i dont actually even like stormfront.

Remove ads