• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Six Nights to Yearsend (Ptolus, Kareus' Solo Adventure)

wysiwyg

First Post
While the haste advantage is still in effect, Kareus exits like a flash out of the patron's salon through the main exit to the street outside. He keeps running putting as great a distance between himself and the audience of the scene. Eventually he sneaks into an alley unseen from the world. Regaining his breath and composure, and waiting for the hat to regain its use, Malif walks out into the open.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Kareus is able to disappear out of the bar, but more because that the various mages in the bar hold back from disrupting him out of fear. Although the various people in the streets are shocked at seeing him run by at such a rate of speed, most have seen stranger things in Ptolus and do nothing to stop him despite the eventual screams of outrage that billow forth from the bar. By the time anyone thinks to act the rogue is far off, down an alley, and activating his hat of disguise once more.

wysiwyg

First Post
Great. Not only do I have every bounty hunter on this side of the globe searching for me, I’ll now also have a crime syndicate at my heels seeking revenge. If I do get myself and my friends out of this mess, I’m heading somewhere where the name Ptolus has never been spoken. For now I better find somewhere safe to keep a low profile.
Reasoning that staying at Loraine for too long will both endanger her and draw suspicious attention, Malif heads down to a rundown inn in the low end of town. His intentions are to rent a single secure room for himself (with no roommates) and to keep as low a profile as possible.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
You head to Linger Street in North Market and hole up in the Farmer's Rest for 3gp. Luckily you never paid your tab in the previous bar and easily can afford this place. The human proprietor is named Beltram Coverinton, and he instantly wins you over by giving you a warm smile and not asking questions. The room is tiny, but that's the least of your concerns as you sit on the creaking bed and ponder your next move.

wysiwyg

First Post
Lying on his bed in his room, Kareus is deep in thought. This place is getting far too dangerous for me. I need to stay away from any unneccessary exposure. I'll stay in this inn until tomorrow when I need to see what information the elven sage has come up with. Other than that I am going to pretend to be ill not to draw to much attention to me being couped up in here all day.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The 25th of Yearsend Month, 9:47 AM

You begin to fall asleep, and in your half-dreaming you hear a town crier screaming the latest news... something about the murderers of the Knights killing off the respected citizen named Arkhall and another piece of news about some house being destroyed in Midtown by crocodiles of all things...

And then you sleep soundly, and hear a soft feminine voice inside your the darkness of your dreams. "Hello? Is someone out there? Hello?"

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Kareus looks around, but sees nothing. Fearing that the stress has gotten to him he allows himself to relax once more and let sleep take him. Once again the darkness before dreams flows over him, and the voice asks once more, "I hear you once more, I think. Who are you? Where did you go?"

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"I guess you can say that I'm a friend. Or maybe a friend of a friend. I'm a fate weaver, a person who can sometimes see the future. Or possible futures. This is one of my first successful fate dreams, and I'm excited to say this is the first time I've made contact with someone through such. Sorry, I know this can be kind of confusing but that's how fate weaving is. I was thinking about you since I knew that a friend of mine is worried about you and thinking of you now. He is going to come and ask me where you are and if you have been in any danger, although it will be awhile until he arrives."

Remove ads