• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Six Nights to Yearsend (Ptolus, Kareus' Solo Adventure)

wysiwyg

First Post
"Ah my friend, but I think in all the excitement of your first successful weave, you have forgotten to address my two questions. By now of course I have three: Who are you? Where are you located? And finally just who is this friend you speak of? Does he have a name?"

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"My name is Megara, and I am a... an acquaintance of your friend, Morty. Right now I am in dreams, though sometimes I live in Rivergate when I'm not about earning some thrones. What should I tell him when he gets here? He is very worried for you."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"I'll pass your message. I'm in a seamstess' shop in the southeastern section of Rivergate. Tell me, who is that woman I see vividly in my mind? She is worried about you. What did you do that causes her to be distressed?"

wysiwyg

First Post
"I have endangered something very precious to her. If you can reach her in her dreams, tell not to worry for me. I will see her soon." Kareus forces himself to wake up. "Hopefully." he adds to himself. He quickly makes his way to the south eastern section of Rivergate.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The 25th of Yearsend Month, 10:55 AM

"Wait, Kareus! I'm trying to tell you something of her. She is in grave dang..."

You wake, but feel hardly rested. Outside a town crier can be heard. "Murder most foul! The Golden Cross Butchers have struck once more, this time in two different places! An adventuring group that tried to apprehend the wicked group found themselves in a showdown in Midtown. Survivors of the group state that a man fitting the description of Mortimus "Morty" Price conjured several supernaturally large crocodiles of a devilish character and set them loose in a rampage that nearly destroyed a home and left numerous casualties. Meanwhile, Arkhall Vaugn, the prominent advisor to House Balacazar, was assassinated by an individual matching the description of Kareus d’Leonne. Witnesses at Danbury's cafe claim that Arkhall's assailant was under a magical disguise that the wizard was able to dispel before Kareus slew him where he sat. House Balacazar has not made a statement, but has Arkhall's body under guard so that they may bring him to the Temple District for recovery. Several mercenary groups such as the Five Cuts, The Triad, and Ghost Clan have now joined the hunt for these armed and very dangerous villians."

wysiwyg

First Post
Loraine! No! I got her into this mess! No! My friends will have to wait, I must warn her first.
Kareus, in disguise as a fourteen year old boy with plenty of freckles, rushes over to Loraine’s apartment. Once he’s within one block of her building, he starts to walk around the perimeter of the building looking out for suspicious lookouts or anyone who seems to be out of place, or standing idly by watching her house. He will then go around the block another time (as an old beggar) looking for irregular individuals again.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
You make your way towards Loraine's apartment, and as you observe the portals inside and outside her domicile, you see from a distance a small, foul-smelling man in a filthy cloak barrel down the front stairs of the building and walk into the crowded streets of Ptolus. After he is gone, you continue to wait and observe but see no other signs of suspicious activity.

Last edited:

wysiwyg

First Post
Kareus sneaks over to the side of the building not facing the street. He climbs up to Loraine's window, peeking & listning in for any commotion inside. If he hears none, he will try and prod it open.

OOC: Climb: +12; Hide: +19; Move Silently: +19; Open Locks: +14; Search: +12

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
There is no sign of danger or any noise, and no sign of Loraine. You carefully prod the window open, and quietly slip inside. You find Loraine shivering in the far corner of her bedroom, with a robe pulled tightly around her. When she sees your combat-readied silhouette she screams loudly before you can rush forward and explain yourself. "Lothian! Kareus, what have you done? Ippicus came and said that you may not be in your right mind since he heard that you killed a man. He didn't know whether or not to protect you or hunt you himself. And afterwards Slid came, that rat, and asked if I has seen you. He did that sniffing thing around my apartment. I think he was sent by that sword-wielding mercenary, Mortirus. Those two make a frightening good tracking team."

Remove ads