• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Size Question

Yair

Community Supporter
I do not believe Polymorph can increase your size per se - it can change you to a larger EXISTING creature type (such as a titan), but not just increase your size. And I'm not even sure about that - I think it's still limited by the +1 size limit of alter self, though I'm not sure.

The best way I am familiar with for increasing size is the psionic power Expansion, that can increase your size by two categories (so it raises it to Huge).
If you're allowing Epic rules, then the Transform epic spell seed can increase your size further, up tp Colossal.

Drowbane

First Post
RookSeven said:
What is the largest size that a Medium-sized character can be changed into & how?

Wu Jen spell list, Complete Arcane...

Complete Arcane pg 110 said:
Giant Size
Transmutation
Level: 7
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 rnd
Range: Personal
Target: you
Duration: 1 minute

When you cast this spell, you grow to Huge, Gargantuan, or Colossal size depending on your caster level...

Bleh, got lazy...

Complete Arcane pg 110 said:
1st - 15th: Huge
16th - 18th: Gargantuan
19th - 20th: Colossal

:D

Bauglir

First Post
Patryn of Elvenshae said:
Colossal ++++.

Polymorph Any Object.

Polymorph Any Object (SRD) said:
This spell functions like polymorph
Polymorph (SRD) said:
This spell functions like alter self
Alter Self (SRD) said:
The new form must be within one size category of your normal size.

I don't see anything in either Polymorph or PAO that overrules the size restriction in Alter Self, so I think the best you could manage with it would be a large creature.

You could become Colossal with shapechange. That's the best I can think of, off the top of my head.

frankthedm

First Post
Drowbane said:
Wu Jen spell list, Complete Arcane...

Originally Posted by Complete Arcane pg 110
Giant Size
Transmutation
Level: 7
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 rnd
Range: Personal
Target: you
Duration: 1 minute

When you cast this spell, you grow to Huge, Gargantuan, or Colossal size depending on your caster level...

Bleh, got lazy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complete Arcane pg 110
1st - 15th: Huge
16th - 18th: Gargantuan
19th - 20th: Colossal

:D

Ah yes, the my mini is an action figure spell.

Prism

Explorer
Bauglir said:
I don't see anything in either Polymorph or PAO that overrules the size restriction in Alter Self, so I think the best you could manage with it would be a large creature..

One of the examples given for the spell is changing a shrew into a manticore, another being a pebble into a human which suggests size isn't a factor

Bauglir

First Post
Prism said:
One of the examples given for the spell is changing a shrew into a manticore, another being a pebble into a human which suggests size isn't a factor

That is true. I think that RAW the size restriction still applies though, as it's explicitly stated, and never explicitly overruled.

Anyone know the official interpretation?

Bauglir said:
That is true. I think that RAW the size restriction still applies though, as it's explicitly stated, and never explicitly overruled.

Unless you believe, as I do, that

PaO said:
This spell functions like polymorph, except that it changes one object or creature into another.

is the overruling text.

It's also got a shrew-to-manticore example.

Infiniti2000

First Post
Patryn of Elvenshae said:
It's also got a shrew-to-manticore example.
The unspoken part of that example is that they are polymorphing an advanced-to-75HD-shrew of Medium size. And I thought it was an obvious inference. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads