Skill allotment question...

Dwarmaj

First Post
I'm trying to figure out how many points I can put into a particular skill.

Max Ranks for a class skill is (Level+3)
Max Ranks for a cross class skill is (Level+3)/2

For multiclassed characters a skill is a class skill (for determining max rank) if either class has it as a class skill.

How many ranks in Spot could a Fighter 7/Rogue 3 have?

Based on total level, max ranks would be 13. Would they be limited to only 6 ranks in rogue and have to have the other 7 ranks from Fighter (it's still cross class for buying ranks) since they are only 3rd level in it?

Dwarmaj

kreynolds

First Post
Max Ranks are calculated from your Character level, not class. Purchasing ranks in skills that are class/cross-class are determined by the class purchasing the skills at the time. Does that help?

Rashak Mani

First Post
Yes Maximum would be 13 but where they come from isnt relevant... you could get it up to 6 in rogue... multi into fighter without adding anything... then get one rogue lvl at 10thlvl and buy the remaining 7 ranks.

When multiclassing its good to alternate so that you can pump up skills as class and not cross class.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
For multiclassed characters a skill is a class skill (for determining max rank) if either class has it as a class skill.

Almost right.

For multiclassed characters a non-exclusive skill is a class skill (for determining max rank) if either class has it as a class skill.

For Spot, your max rank is 13.
For Read Lips, your max rank is 6.

-Hyp.

kreynolds

First Post
Are you sure about that Hyper? That seems kind of strange, penalizing someone like that for multiclassing. I thought that only applied when purchasing ranks for your skills.

Remove ads