Skills or Feats?

Which do you favor (overall), Skills or Feats?

• Skills

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • Feats

Votes: 22 44.9%
  • I can't decide

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • I don't care

Votes: 5 10.2%

Romotre

First Post
Ok maybe this is a silly question, but I have had more than one conversation concerning.....Which do you like more, skills or feats? I mean, overall, usefullness, coolness, et cetera.

Rashak Mani

First Post
Skills used to be more important... now some of them are so silly or useless :( Do you anyone with a lot of swim or jump skill (excepting the occasional Monk )

I voted for feats... they really help define your character and give him that extra huummpphh in the areas you choose.

Almost forgot to rant about the low number of skillpoints the Clerics get !! Fighter types get the bad side of the skill system and the good feats... but cleric lose in both !

Overall skills could do with an overhaul... better point distribution and more usefullness for some skills.

Last edited:

bondetamp

First Post
I've always (well, for about a year and a half, anyway :)) considered them two separate things meant to fill separate roles. I don't think any of them could take over for the other without changing the game considerably.

That said, my favourite class is rogue ... :)

DWARF

First Post
Power attack may be neat, but there is no feat for swordsmithing...

Except in 2nd edition, where skills basically were feats...

Victim

First Post
I chose feats. When I create a character, I almost always wish I had more feats. Of course, I want more skills too. However, there's usually a way to move skill points around and reduce some skills to gain proficiency in others to at least approximate the effect I want. However, feats are much more absolute: either you have it or you don't. Therefore, I feel more constrained by limited feats than by skills in most cases.

Zerovoid

First Post
I voted for skills. Sure, the feats have more to do with a characters combat effectiveness, so they seem more important at times, but skills let you resolve how things happen outside of combat. I can imagine dropping feats and still being able to play 3e, but they game needs to have skills, or something like them. I sure like the skill system alot more than the stupid % system that rogues had in earlier editions.

Remove ads