Skin Deep

jackslate45

First Post
Anaerion decides to use the "good arrows", now that this thing is not down yet. Pulling two Cold Iron Arrows out of his quiver, he lines up both shots and fires.
[sblock=Actions]
Using Cold iron Arrows
With Bless and PBS:

Deadly Aimed Rapid Shot, 2 attacks at +10 dealing 1d8 + 7
Crit on 19-20/x3

[/sblock]

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Anaerion's arrows impact and send the serpents head crashing from its shoulders shattering the illusion to reveal a great stone serpent covered in a lattice work of cracks and fractures. But despite its terrible condition the construct still moves - albeit more erratically than before.

OOC: Ciperel is up!

jkason

First Post
Ciperel der Prad'm

As the divine warhammer takes another swing, Ciperel uses his careful eye to fire a crossbow bolt from his enchanted weapon, hoping to strike true.

OOC: Spiritual weapon attacks again, Ciperel attacks with +1 crossbow. Precise shot feat means he doesn't need to take penalties for firing into melee.

[sblock=resources used] 1st level spells used / per day: 1/8
2nd level spells used / per day: 2/5
Spiritual Weapon rounds: 4/5
Crossbow bolts: 1/20 [/sblock]

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
The spiritual weapon strikes and smashes the remains of the statue into so much gravel! All about you the illusions fade away and you find yourselves in a musty chamber filled with a single great marble sarcophagus. The marble tomb is vertical and you see a familiar likeness carved into the stone.

As the group watches the lips of the statue begin to move,

"Well done young heir of Zeire. You have the loyalty of your followers, and the courage of your convictions. You have my blessing and a reward to aide you in guiding our family through to power and victory. Go forward and prove yourself to the world." The voice of Ravran Zeire rings out.

A low rumble announces a segment of the wall rising to reveal a doorway and on either side of it an ornate brass chest engraved with beautiful spiralling patterns. Each chest is some five feet long. The chest appear to have no locks and open easily to reveal a glittering falchion - with a snakeskin pommel and a brass serpent depicted on either side of the blade - and a black breastplate that glistens with a rich oily sheen..

OOC: Victory!
550 XP each.

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Ciperel der Prad'm, human oracle (heavens)

Each chest is some five feet long. The chest appear to have no locks and open easily to reveal a glittering falchion - with a snakeskin pommel and a brass serpent depicted on either side of the blade - and a black breastplate that glistens with a rich oily sheen.

"Can't seem to convince him I'm not an heir, so clearly it's a message rather than a truly sentient spell," Ciperel posits. "I've no real idea how to weild the falchion, though I'm sure it might be of use to one of you folk, but let's see if we can't make sure we know what we're getting first..."

He mutters something under his breath while rubbing his birthmarked palm over each of his eyes. When he opens them, they sparkle as if covered in diamond dust. The oracle looks closely at each of the items in the chest, cocking his head to one side, considering, then turning his attention to the other.

OOC: Casting Detect Magic. Unless the falchion's heavily enchanted, I think he made his spellcraft to identify its properties. Not as sure on the breastplate...

jkason

First Post
Ciperel der Prad'm

[sblock=Scimitar]+1 Reptilian Humanoid Bane that grants its owner a +2 competence bonus to saves versus poison.[/sblock]

OOC: Is it a scimitar, or a falchion? Ciperel's not proficient with either, but figured it might matter to whomever is proficient with martial weapons

"I can't get a proper read on the breastplate. If anyone else has the sight, you're welcome to try. The blade looks to be designed for this dynasty's fight with snakes. Its enchantment strikes hardest against humanoid reptiles, and it grants some protection from poisons."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"So this was a test to find an heir worthy enough to wield the blades against the families enemies?" Leopold asks. He finds that he approves of such things as he believes only those truly worthy should be rewarded in battle.

kinem

Adventurer
While pleased that the group is unharmed and seems to have stumbled onto some loot, it doesn't look like anything he can use, so Skendra goes to the new doorway and checks to see if the way forward looks clear.

If it does he'll say "Good. Let's go."

Remove ads