Skin Deep

jkason

First Post
Ciperel der Prad'm

"Good idea, Leopold," the oracle says, smiling as his companions appear in this dream-scene. He holds his birthmarked palm up and calls, "a falling star falls with the force of a thousand hammers. If I might borrow but one of those thousand?"

As before, a miniature constellation spins up off of Ciperel's palm, its form quickly filling into the easily-identified shape of a warhammer. The starlight hammer streaks forward at the snake.

OOC: Casting Spiritual Weapon, as well. Ciperel's alignment makes his a warhammer.

[sblock=resources used] 2nd level spells used / per day: 2/5[/sblock]

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Neither spiritual weapon manages to connect, Lionel hurries forward and places himself between Ciperel and the serpent. Skendra calls forth a flaming sphere which rolls onto the snake, but hardly seems to do anything to the beast which ignores the flames.

The great snake rears and charges forward to strike at Lionel! But it simply clangs against the paladin's armor, the clash sounding like the serpent is hard as stone!

OOC: Anaerion is up!
Followed by Ciperel.

SkinDeepMap2c.jpg

Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
Anaerion thinks for a quick second, and decides that more arrows will work for now.

Pulling both arrows out at the same time, Anaerion fires both in rapid succession.

[sblock=Actions]
Rapid Shot, 2 attacks at +10 dealing 1d8 + 2

[/sblock]

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Anaerion's arrows strike true, but one both bounce of with sharp cracks, only one sending an odd small spray of gray chips from the creatures scales which does not seem to phase the beast in the least.

OOC: Ciperel is up!
Followed by Leopold.

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Ciperel seems at first overwhemled at the proof that this snake is no creature of flesh and blood, but a construct. He finally shakes off his fear, however, and coaxes his spiritual construct to take another swing.

Last edited:

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
The spiritual weapon hits home sheering off a chunk of stone which crashes to the floor, the weapon made of pure force seeming to ignore the stones hardness.

OOC: It does not take any actions from Ciperel for the Spiritual Weapon to attack after its cast - a move to redirect but that's unnecessary here. So Ciperel still has his full action to go.

jkason

First Post
Ciperel der Prad'm, human oracle

OOC: This is what comes of my dabbling in 4e. Very few powers attack on their own, and I'd gotten it into my head spiritual weapon would, as well. Since His mundane weapons aren't especially likely to hurt the thing, let's try this...

As the force weapon takes its toll, Ciperel holds his birthmarked hand above his head. "Stars guide our hands!" he calls out. Scatters of starlight spiral up from the mark, spreading out to alight on his allies, noticeably avoiding the enemy.

OOC: Casting Bless

[sblock=resources used] 1st level spells used / per day: 1/8
2nd level spells used / per day: 2/5
Spiritual Weapon rounds: 2 [/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
Seeing that his fire spell was useless against what seems to be a stone construct, Skendra tries his magic missiles. I don't know if this will work either, but if not, I don't have much else to try.

He attempts to see through the illusions; perhaps if he could, he'd have a better idea of what to do.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"It's some sort of statue cloaked in magic!" Leopold yells above th ecrash of the stone beasts attacks. "Lionel spread out! Get around it with me!" he directs moving towards the beast flanks as the yellow blade of magic strikes out.

Raising his sword high he brings it down and slices into the thick hard side of the serpent.

EDIT: 5' step to H9

Last edited:

Remove ads