Skin Deep

kinem

Adventurer
Skendra tries to discreetly look around and see those Ciperel warned of as well as anything else out of the ordinary.

"Perhaps we can lose them on Javi's scenic route."

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
[sblock=kinem]Skendra makes out three figures swathed from head to toe in rags, their faces hidden in the heavy shadow of deep hoods beginning to move towards the alley. They move with a good degree of stealth attempting to disguise their passage, but their efforts do not quite suffice.[/sblock]

Javi hurries forward and stops at a heaped pile of refuse moving around to the back of the pile he seizes a rotten crate and with an effort drags it forward. Beneath the crate is revealed a ragged hole in the street leading to darkness below.

"About fifteen feet or so down. We need te hurry." The beggar says anxiously.

[sblock=jkason and kinem]The rag swathed figures pick up their pace as the crate is hauled out, they are perhaps sixty feet away slowed by the crowd and the fact that they are still attempting to be stealthy. But you don't have long before they reach you, perhaps thirty seconds or so.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Ciperel der Prad'm

"I'm not sure we have enough time, Javi. We have Plague Walkers," Ciperel says, swapping his crossbow for his morningstar. "Skeletons whose touch is infectious. Don't let them touch you, and don't bother throwing anything at them with a point on it. Lionel, Leopold, you might be best equipped to deal with them quickly, though I'm afraid we may call attention to this entrance if we don't move away from it first."

OOC: There's nothing resembling a sealable door on this hole in the ground, correct? In which case, it seems ill-advised to run down the hole and draw attention to the access point. If I've misinterpreted the situation, my apologies.

Mayhap I shouldn't have chosen so many mind-effectings spells.... :erm:

jackslate45

First Post
Anaerion

"I have h..h..hunted undead with this b..b..bow before. They f.f.fall." Anaerion said. "I c..can shoot if you w..w..want"

With the bow squeezed tight, Anaerion takes a side glance at these "things" seeing if he can recognize them.

OOC: If they are undead, I have favored Enemy bonuses against them.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Bah! I am done hiding if there are enemies about!" Leopold exclaims as he slams his sword into it's sheathe. "Let them come and face a true follower of the warrior-goddess Torma - The Light in the Darkness."

The holy warrior throws of the cloak and brings his shield around to a ready postion. "I will wait but if they come within ten yards of me they will taste Torma's divine might."

[sblock=OOC] I think I;m ready will do a stats menu soon but spells are below:

Orisons: 4+0 - Detect Poison, Purify Food and Drink, Resistance, Create Water
1st lvl: 4+1 - Bless Water, Cure Light(d8+5), Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith d: Magic Weapon
2nd lvl: 3+1 - Bull's Strength, Remove Paralysis, OPEN SLOT d: Spiritual Weapon
3rd lvl: 2+1 - Searing Light, OPEN SLOT d: Magic Vestment [/sblock]

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Javi looks alarmed and his voice changes loosing the whine and sounding much younger,

"This is the scenic route folks, pursuit is why we are taking it. If you think taking on servants of Xarr within sight of the temple at the heart of his power is a good idea I'll be leaving you to it... This takes us through the catacombs we should be able to loose them, or at least face them without drawing attention to ourselves. Not to say they'll be our only problems down there, but still."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"I'll cover the rear then," Leopold says his voice heavy with contempt for running but choosing the right battlefield is half the battle. Choose poorly and you have lost before the first arrow flys.

_

Padreigh

First Post
Lionel had kept very quiet so far, although judging from his stony-faced expression he was far from happy. "Fleeing from Evil ... Leopold, let me be the last to descend. I fear no disease and my honour demands that I go last."

With these words Lionel readies himself, should the undead approach.

Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
Skendra follows Ciperel down into the darkness, having no desire to vie for the honor of being the first victim.

Once he reaches the bottom he casts dancing lights, creating four floating torches, to better see what they're getting into now.

Remove ads