Skin Deep

jackslate45

First Post
"I'll cover the rear then," Leopold says his voice heavy with contempt for running but choosing the right battlefield is half the battle. Choose poorly and you have lost before the first arrow flys.

_

Lionel had kept very quiet so far, although judging from his stony-faced expression he was far from happy. "Fleeing from Evil ... Leopold, let me be the last to descend. I fear no disease and my honour demands that I go last."

With these words Lionel readies himself, should the undead approach.

With a nod to the pair who will guard the rear, Anaerion will start climbing down. With a whistle to Neko, the leopard will jump on Anaerion's shoulders, and try to hang on tight while Anaerion will descend to the "scenic route"

OOC: Leopards, from the bestiary, way 120 lbs, but are medium sized. How much would they weight if small sized, like 80?

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Leopold nods in agreement knowing arguing will get him no where. He descends second to last and upon hitting the filthy sewer ground let's out a quiet oath and draws his sword.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
But it is not a sewer the companions find themselves tumbling down into. Instead they find themselves in a vast dark chamber, supported by dozens of pillars, filled with row after row of ceramic urns. Many of the urns, perhaps most have been smashed covering the floor in a heavy layer of ash which softens what otherwise might have been a painful fall.

In the weak light filtering down from above you see Ciperel lying in the dust where he fell. Even as others land the ash sweeps up and envelops the Oracle of Darwea covering his mouth, you hear the faintest strains of a lullaby as if from a great distance....

The the Oracle bursts into life and trashes sending flying away from him. Ciperel finds himself in the dark chamber with the taste of ash in his mouth...

jackslate45

First Post
Once Neko lost his grip on the backpack, Anaerion lost his grip as well. Plummeting a few feet befmore landing in...ash? At any rate, it prevented them from getting hurt, and Anaerion and Neko quickly got back up.

As the oracle woke up with a start, Anaerion looks looks at Ciperel with concern. Anaerion asks "You ok..k..kay?"

However, the real problem was still above them, as Lionel as not yet started down yet. With the rest of the party with him, Anaerion asks "What s.sshould we d..d..do? Fight t..tthem here?"

Taking a quick look around, Anaerion tries to determine if this is a good fighting spot.

jkason

First Post
Ciperel der Prad'm, human oracle

Ciperel spins about, morningstar at the ready, as if looking for an attack to launch at him. His feet lift several inches off the ground, as if repelled by the ash.

"We should not stay here," he says, voice raspy. He coughs again and spits out some ash. "Javi's right. It's just as dangerous down here. We need to leave before whatever I just ... we need to leave."

Padreigh

First Post
As soon as the last member of the party is down, Lionel , after one last look around, climbs down and joins the rest at the bottom of the ladder, again readying his shield and sword.

"Where to now?", he enquires.

kinem

Adventurer
"You look like you've seen a ghost, Ciperel."

Skendra looks at the urns ... and the ashes. Oh.

He looks for exits, considering where to send his dancing lights.

OOC: AF: Not sure what we were expecting today. If he would reasonably have his everburning torch in his backpack, he'll take it out now. I presume he wouldn't have his bedroll and trail rations along, but again that depends on what we were to expect, and whether or not we have any kind of base of operations in the area.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
[sblock=Expectations]You were heading for a hidden temple so I think probably best to assume you have your gear with you.[/sblock]

In the wan light provided by the various light sources you can see Javi pointing north towards a narrow slit of deeper darkness some seventy feet distant.

"This way, if we get in there the catacombs are a maze and we should be able to loose them..."

kinem

Adventurer
Skendra sends the dancing lights towards where Javi pointed.

"Could be a defensible position. I'd rather fight at long range with my spells, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't rather fight than flee."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases