• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Slivers are evil, Slivers are sly....

Krishnath

First Post
Favourites? Well, I am kinda partial to the crystalline sliver :D But any will do fine. Also, I have seen Kitsune's work. And if he wants to draw slivers, I have no intention of preventing him. :D

Kitsunekaboom

First Post
A rough draft, I have an entirely different version planned for the mist sliver but hey for 4:30 in the AM it isn't bad.

Attachments

• sliver1.jpg
    sliver1.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 300

Kitsunekaboom

First Post
As said, I have a better one planned I just couldn't manage to make myself do it, basically mist forming into a sliver. (Never tried drawing that before) but it will have to wait until the weekend, I wish to finish my comic strip today sometime.

blackshirt5

First Post
When do we get to see the half-sliver template? Slivers are immune to mind-influencing effects, but I could see a half-sliver dragon being able to run the hive.

Krishnath

First Post
While slivers are immune to mind-influencing effects, they are still all slaves to the nobles/the queen/the overlord. That would include any half-slivers, as the half-sliver, no matter it's base creature, would still be no better than a lesser sliver in the hive's hirachy.

As for the template, well, I first have to do the Synapse, Essense, and Toxin slivers, as well as the overlord... And there are three additional 'greater' slivers to post before I start on the nobles, so my best guess would be in about 2 to 3 months time. :D

Krishnath

First Post
It's that time of the week again, so now I present you with the Spectral Sliver!

-

Spectral Sliver
Medium-Size Undead (Sliver)
Hit Dice:
4d12 (26 hp)
Initiative: +2 (Dex)
Speed: 30', climb 30'
AC: 16 (+2 Dex, +4 natural)
Attacks: Claw +5 melee and Bite +0 meele
Damage: Claw 1d4+2 and ability drain, Bite 1d6+1 and ability drain
Face/Reach: 5'/5'
Special Attacks: Ability drain,
Special Qualities: Undead, Sliver qualities, Gaseous Form,
Saves: Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +7,
Abilities: Str 17, Dex 17, Con --, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 12
Skills: Balance +5, Climb +13 (+8), Jump +5, Listen +8 (+2), Spot +8 (+2), Swim +5,
Feats: Alertness, Combat Reflexes,

Climate/Terrain: Any underground
Organization: Swarm (20-80), Hive (Several thousand slivers and a queen)
Challenge Rating: 3
Treasure: None
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Advancement: 5-6 HD (Medium-Size); 7-12 HD (Large)

'Some lesser slivers that had been hibernating beneath my negative energy generator awakened today, unfortunatly they hade evolved into what I like to call 'spectral' slivers, they where highly agressive, and attacked both me and the other slivers I have present with great zeal, forunatly we where able to herd them through a portal I had before they could cause to much damage.' - Lanariel Shadowwing, Research Notes.

Spectral Slivers are the next step in undead sliver evolution, and unlike their lesser kin the crypt slivers, they are highly agressive creatures, that attack everything and everyone unless contained either through magic or by domination from a sliver noble.
A spectral sliver looks like a sliver composed entirely from wisps of white and grey smoke, despite their appearance though, they are not incorporeal, just highly unstable.

Combat:
Spectral Slivers fight like berserkers attacking everything within reach, the give no quarter and expect none in return.
Ability Drain (Su): Anyone hit by the natural weapons of a spectral sliver must make a fort save (DC: 13) or take one point of temporary constitution damage. On a critical hit, this damage is doubled, and allows no save.
Gaseous Form (Ex): The spectral slivers body consists mostly of translucent wisps of smoke, which grants the sliver the following abilities and vulenrabilities:
· All physical attacks against the spectral sliver have a 25% chance of inflicting no damage.
· Non-magical weapons only deal half damage against the spectral sliver.
· The spectral sliver can squeeze through even the tiniest crack at it's normal movement speed.
· The sliver can be 'herded' with spells that affect winds, such as gust of wind and wind wall. It is not allowed a save against such spells.

-

Comments and critizism is appreciated. :D

Later,

Kitsunekaboom

First Post
Personally I just made the Spectral go incorporeal instead of gaseous, but that would be kind of scary with your slivers. O_O

Pretty good though, I like them. :D

Krishnath

First Post
Well, see, the thing is, the Spectral Slivers pic, shows that it isn't really incorporeal, but rather made up of wisps of smoke. Besides, I find it more entertainin this way. A 25% chance of your attack just passing through air without dealing damage, regardless if the attack is magical in nature or not, is a lot better than incorporeal that can be negated with a simple +1 enhancement (which can be achieved by a first level spell no less.)

But don't worry, there will come an incorporeal sliver.... The next logical step in undead sliver evolution...

Hmm... maybe when the conversions are over, I should make a vampiric sliver as well? :D

Remove ads