• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

slowed & actions.

krupintupple

First Post
simply put, a slowed character may only use a move or standard action, per round, not both and not a full-round action.

however, what is the ruling on a swift or immediate action? any takers?

irdeggman

First Post
Rules Compendium pg 7

"Restricted activity: A few situations make you unable to take a full round's worth of actions. In such cases, you're allowed to take only a single standard action or a single move action, along with allowed swift, immediate, and free actions. You can't take a full-round action and finish that action, but you can start or complete a full-round action by using a standard action."

Also note pg 27

"Charge

Restricted activity: If you're unable to take a full round's worth of actions on your turn, such as during a surprise round, you can charge as a stadnard action. In this case, you can move up to your speed rather than up to double your speed. All other rules for charging apply."

Which allows zombies to charge.

Runestar

First Post
Holy mother of....

The world just got a little scarier.... :uhoh:
Good catch!

Doesn't the MM already mention that zombies may charge as a standard action?

The real fun comes when you add in pounce. Now you can charge and make an attack as a standard action. :lol:

Last edited:

irdeggman

First Post
Doesn't the MM already mention that zombies may charge as a standard action?

The real fun comes when you add in pounce. Now you can charge and make an attack as a full action. :lol:

And the RC pg 101 specifically mentions this under pounce

". . .it can still make a full attack even if it charged while restricted to a single action."

Hmmm nasty

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Pounce is a monster feat, isn't it? So, you could technically replace the standard zombie feat of Toughness with Pounce?

First of all...I don't think you can replace the zombie and skeleton bonus feats to begin with. Second of all...no, it's not a monster feat, at least I hope not!

NewJeffCT

First Post
First of all...I don't think you can replace the zombie and skeleton bonus feats to begin with. Second of all...no, it's not a monster feat, at least I hope not!

well, monster feature, not feat - lions get Pounce, as do 'raptors and a few other beasties.

I admit that a pouncing zombie doesn't fit the image.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads