• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sneak Attack Question?

Aluvial

Explorer
Ok, I may have missed this, but I was reading another rule in the Magic Item Compendium that got me thinking that I may have been playing Sneak Attack wrong...

If you have multiple attacks, and all relevent conditions apply (flanking or flat-footed), and use the full-round attack action, can you apply Sneak Attack damage on each of the attacks?

Three attacks = 3 weapon and str damage + 3 Sneak Attacks!?!

Is this correct?

Aluvial

Folly

First Post
Yes, if you hit a creature that can be sneak attacked and you meet the minimum necessary combination of pre-reqs you get sneak attack on all attacks in one round. So with three hits it would be 3*(W+mods+sneak attack). Given rolling dice for each hit.

Folly

First Post
This is what the ginsu rogues build takes advantage of. With TWF and haste a rogue can get a lot of attacks, and sneak attack with all of them.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Aluvial said:
I've missed this for years now.... ouch.

Really, it's not that bad. The Rogue's likely to miss several of those hasted, TWF attacks, and if he doesn't kill the guy that round, his low armored, d6 HD "con's my 3rd-4th most important stat"* self's going to suffer a world of hurt.

*I know, I know, "Con's everyone's most important stat." But come on. They need Dex for...everything. They need Int for more skills and to boost critical skills like search/disable device. Charisma for social skills and UMD (or as I call it, "the reason a Rogue is never useless"). Wisdom for scouting skills and the stereotypical pathetic Will save. Strength if you start at level 1 (weapon Finesse requires BAB +1), or if you don't want to waste a feat. Also handy for not getting encumbered. Granted, no Rogue's going to want all these things, but any given Rogue's going to need enough of them to make their Con score 14 at best, easily lower. So yeah, they'll be pretty vulnerable to a monster's full attack.
/explanation

Remove ads