Sneak attack/skirmish/etc: How often?

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
kigmatzomat said:
I still have no idea why you don't believe that QTTE and partial charge are valid combinations.

It's a valid combination in 3E. But a Scout is not a 3E class, and partial actions don't exist in 3.5.

I was not objecting to the combination of QttE and Partial Charge; I was objecting to the combination of QttE and Partial Charge with the Scout.

-Hyp.

I was only suggesting QTTE & Partial Charge for their 3.5 equivalents, if they exist. I know that you can make a charge action in 3.5 with a standard action under some circumstances, which the 3.5 QTTE might enable. Heck, I think the Beguiler at some point gets to make a feint as a swift action, enabling a full-attack sequence.

Ironically, the scout with QTTE only has 3 scout levels so skirmish really doesn't factor in much. It's mainly that it dovetails so well with the Duelist's acrobatic strike (jump 5+ feet gain +2 att/damage).

I think the feat most scouts would want is Great Cleave. Make a 5' step before your full attack. Kill something. Make the Great Cleave 5' step & qualify for skirmish.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
kigmatzomat said:
I was only suggesting QTTE & Partial Charge for their 3.5 equivalents, if they exist. I know that you can make a charge action in 3.5 with a standard action under some circumstances, which the 3.5 QTTE might enable.

You can only make a charge as a standard action if you are restricted to only a standard or move action on your turn.

If you're using a move action on your QttE equivalent feat before you want to charge as a standard action, you obviously weren't restricted to only one action...

I think the feat most scouts would want is Great Cleave. Make a 5' step before your full attack. Kill something. Make the Great Cleave 5' step & qualify for skirmish.

Great Cleave doesn't allow multiple 5' steps. You might be thinking of the Supreme Cleave ability some PrCs get...

-Hyp.

Land Outcast

Explorer
If you're using a move action on your QttE equivalent feat before you want to charge as a standard action, you obviously weren't restricted to only one action...

I'm thinking that is not 100% clear... after you've taken your move action on your QttE, aren't you restricted to a standard or move action that turn

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Land Outcast said:
I'm thinking that is not 100% clear... after you've taken your move action on your QttE, aren't you restricted to a standard or move action that turn

No. On your turn, you've taken a move action, and you still have the option of taking a standard or move action as well.

If, at the start of your turn, you have the option of taking more than a standard or move action, then you are not restricted to taking only a standard or move action on your turn.

-Hyp.

I think it would depend on how QTTE 3.5 is written. 3.0 assumes the existence of Partial Actions. Partial actions are what you get in 3.0 when you are limited to a single move or standard action per round.

Hypersmurf said:
Great Cleave doesn't allow multiple 5' steps. You might be thinking of the Supreme Cleave ability some PrCs get...

Probably. The only character with the cleave chain has supreme cleave. He laughed and laughed when there was a goblin horde and he ran out of movement before he ran out of goblins. Then, since he was nearly 40' into the horde, they mobbed him and he stopped laughing.

Remove ads