• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So did you like Stealth?

Chain Lightning

First Post
Dr. Talos said:
Do not plan on seeing this movie...When I saw the preview the first thing that ran through my mind was...

"You see boss, it goes like this... we take two movies that were great hits...say Top Gun and Terminator and smash them together...EVERYONE will go see it..."

Heh heh. I think it was more like this, "I just saw Macross Plus and I'm gonna borrow the part of the plot where the pilots have to work together and go after the rogue AI plane, and since I'm borrowing from anime, the general public at large won't know where I'm ripping my ideas from.....bwah ha ha ha ....take that you big eyed small mouth losers! Bwah ha ha ha!"

Dagger75 said:
Except that movie was good.

"No disassemble!"
"I am thinking she is a virgin. Or at least she used to be."

"With excitement like this, who is needing enemas?"

"Ooh. Her pants are blazing for you, Newton Crosby."

"Duke: Will he kill me if I stop?
Ben Jabituya: Who is to say?
Duke: Will he kill me if I don't stop?
Ben Jabituya: Again I am shrugging.
Duke: I'm stopping. "

"Howard Marner: I thought they were called Choppers.
Skroeder: Well now we call them Huey's.
Howard Marner: Well, why wasn't I notified? "

"I have seen some strange, bizarre drivers, but you. You will be awarded a cake."

Most of the good lines in that movie were from the Indian guy sidekick of Steve Gutenberg. Gah! I hated that movie. And the themesong didn't help. But looking over the quotes on imdb, there's some darn good lines in there.

Phaedrus

First Post
Since I started this thread, and since I'm the only doofus who liked it, I feel obligated to say something to end it...

In my defense ( :heh: ), I have a low, cynical opinion of Hollywood. Meaning I expect predictable plots. I expect crappy dialog. I expect technology gaffes. I expect cliches.

I went to see Stealth because I wanted to see fast planes and some stuff get blown up. It did that.

But I don't disagree, for the most part, with what others have said here.

Arnwyn

First Post
Chain Lightning said:
Heh heh. I think it was more like this, "I just saw Macross Plus...
and
Aeric said:
I liked it better when it was called Macross Plus.
A-ha! My first impressions were correct - I thought it looked a lot like a crappy version of Macross Plus (and I love Macross Plus, especially those goofy-yet-way-cool jets...).

John Crichton

First Post
From the second I saw the trailer I thought that it was a "I'll watch in on HBO when it comes out and I'm really really really bored" type flick.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Stealth was interesting for one reason, which I'll get to in my second paragraph. For now, let it be said up-front that Stealth is a horrible movie: ridiculous plot, contrived dialogue, wooden acting, tissue-thin characterizations, utterly predictable, full sensory overload on the special effects. It justly deserves the critical flames it is receiving from the likes of Roger Ebert.

Now, please, go back and review the list of bad qualities exhibited by Stealth. Every single one of them applies equally well to, say, Revenge of the Sith, and yet we're expected to believe that movie was an instant classic. If it weren't for double-standards, there'd be no standards at all?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads