D&D 5E So Here's The D&D Publishing Schedule Through 2025 (as far as we know)

A compiled list through 2025 based on what we know so far!

Based on information from this week’s press events along with things mentioned in previous interviews, articles, and videos, here’s what we're currently expecting in the D&D schedule through 2025. There are also likely several products in 2024 and especially 2025 that we don’t know anything about yet.

So, here’s what we know! Click on the product covers for more information.

2023​

Bigby Presents Glory of the Giants
August 15th

The Practically Complete Guide to Dragons
August 15th

Phandelver and Below: The Shattered Obelisk
September 19th

Planescape: Adventures in the Multiverse
October 16th

The Book of Many Things
November 14th

2024​

Revised Core Rulebooks
(D&D 50th anniversary)

Vecna Storyline

2025​

Red Wizards Storyline​

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
Most everybody I knew didn't like "Die Vecna Die", when it came out, and now the possibility of a similar event being a nostalgic throwback is amusing the heck out of me.

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Dad
I'm still a little dumbstruck that after doing Fizban's Treasury of Dragons in 2021 that they're doing The Practically Complete Guide to Dragons in 2023.
Im okay with this. One of the criticisms that 5e got in its first few years was lack of product support. Now we are getting two books on dragons and I can squeeze some space on my shelf for that. All in all Im excited for the product line-up. I love Planescape and happy to get an official 5e Sigil/outlands book. But I expect that it'll get criticisms as the Spelljammer books did because WotC is just not in the business of churning out a bunch of supplements like the hey-day of 2e. I have realistic expectations

I like seeing new adventure paths/stories. So glad to see Phandelver being expanded and will probably get it. Always like new magic items and such, so Many Things will be bought. And I've always been interested in Thay so I'll probably pick up Red Wizards. Not sure why Vecna has no interest to me. Maybe after it comes out shrugs

3 books in 2 years is more than I've done in the last few years, so looking to me that they are, in general, making content of more interest to me.

Fizban's is a D&D rulebook, the other is a children's book with no RPG content. Nothing in common, released two years apart, different product lines entirely.

Oh, that makes much more sense! I was so confused. It wasn't clear to me if it was the first book to have One D&D's branding or what exactly was up with the unusual cover. Following the link I do see this, now: "The Practical Guide to Dragons came out in 2006, and was followed by A Practical Guide to Dragon Riding and A Practical Guide to Dragon Magic. This book is a compilation of the best parts of those three books."

Somehow I missed that part when I read it before.

Von Ether

Legend
Other reason is WotC could launch some self-publishing service for fanfiction,
That would be cool, but Kindle tried that with Kindle Worlds, which lasted for about five years. So it wasn't exactly a flash in the pan but doesn't look promising either. I doubt WotC would be that forward thinking, though.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Oh, that makes much more sense! I was so confused. It wasn't clear to me if it was the first book to have One D&D's branding or what exactly was up with the unusual cover. Following the link I do see this, now: "The Practical Guide to Dragons came out in 2006, and was followed by A Practical Guide to Dragon Riding and A Practical Guide to Dragon Magic. This book is a compilation of the best parts of those three books."

Somehow I missed that part when I read it before.
It was kind of weird to introduce it along with RPG products, to be fair.

We don't know the reasons because Kindle Worlds was shut down, but I was imagining something like Shōsetsuka ni Narō, but with the option of using the VTT(D&D) and some AI art to add some pictures. Bu the Japanese web is free to read, and it is original content. Maybe WotC could create a web allowing space for Hasbro's no-D&D franchises, for example Gamma World.

* I guess if Planescape is going to be unlocked in DMGuild then we could see a lot of new and weird ideas.

Remove ads

Remove ads