• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So I have the Martial Powers book.

Bagpuss

Legend
Are there any Weapon Specialization multiclass feats?

Not really there is only one feat that is weapon dependent by the looks of things, (some are armour and shield dependent) Rogue Weapon Mastery, whis makes daggers and shuriken count as high crit weapons. But not only do you need to be a Rogue you need the Rogue Weapon Talent, so you couldn't take it as a multiclass rogue.

Opps I was only looking at Paragon Feats then let me check the others....

Dragging Flail
Fey Blades - Eldarin only
Polearm Momentum
Reaping Blade
Longsword Finesse - Eldarin only

There are 10 new Multiclass feats which in order to take you must have chosen paragon multiclassing in that class. Each of them seems to just grant an additional class feature. Weapon Specialization is not one of them.

Last edited:

DarthMouth

First Post
There are 10 new Multiclass feats which in order to take you must have chosen paragon multiclassing in that class. Each of them seems to just grant an additional class feature. Weapon Specialization is not one of them.

Hows that? let me see if i get it..

You a rogue, multiclass into fighter... and take that paragorn feat... so you get a basic fighter class feature like combat challenge or combat superiority ?????

Shroomy

Adventurer
So how exactly does the Beastmaster animal companion work, specifically, how does it scale and what differentiates the various types of companions?

What does the "rattling" keyword do?

Can you tell me about the "Legendary General" epic destiny?

erf_beto

First Post
There are 10 new Multiclass feats which in order to take you must have chosen paragon multiclassing in that class. Each of them seems to just grant an additional class feature.
Do they improve the initial multiclass feat benefit, like Sneak Attack every round (and not once per encounter), or they just give you the other features of your multiclass (like rogue weapon talent, prime shot, etc)?

Oh, and I second the request for info on animal companions! :)

darjr

I crit!
You are very brave to dive into this.

First, on the top of my head, anything to like tide of iron cept using reach weapons?

More detail on animal companions, yes, please.

Also, is there a lot more pushing and pulling and dropping prone stuff in there?

Cadfan

First Post
Could we get information on the new keywords? Rattling, Invigorating, etc?

Also, is this book in stores? Or did you just get lucky ordering it online?

Klaus

First Post
Yes I think, not exactly sure what you mean by that,

But for the Fighter here are some of the Paragon paths.

Polearm Master - all its powers depend on you using a two-handed reach weapon
Shield Adept
Shock Trooper - uses two weapons.

Actually seems pretty limited. There are more racial Paragon fighter paths for the dragonborn, halfing, dwarf and tiefling.

There are plenty of powers that do a bonus if you are wielding a particular type of weapon.
The Gladiator article in Dragon had Weapon Specialization feats that worked like "multiclass". You had to take a feat for proficiency, then take the three multiclass feats for that weapon. The article had Whip, Bola and Net.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads