• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So I have the Martial Powers book.

Bagpuss

Legend
The Gladiator article in Dragon had Weapon Specialization feats that worked like "multiclass". You had to take a feat for proficiency, then take the three multiclass feats for that weapon. The article had Whip, Bola and Net.

Nothing like that.

Bagpuss

Legend
Could we get information on the new keywords? Rattling, Invigorating, etc?

Keywords

Invigorating powers give you temp hps if you hit with them, but only if you are trained in Endurance.

Rattling powers give opponents an attack penalty if you are trained with Intimidate and do damage.

Beast you need to have a conscious and present beast companion to use this power.

Also, is this book in stores? Or did you just get lucky ordering it online?

I received it direct from WotC by way of an apology, since they have apologised I won't mention the incident that lead to it.

Bagpuss

Legend
You are very brave to dive into this.

Well I'll try to keep up.

First, on the top of my head, anything to like tide of iron cept using reach weapons?

There are some feats that work with polearm pushes and slides. Put there isn't an at-will that pushes like tide of iron. There is a fighter At-Will that pulls, and doesn't depend on a particular weapon or shield so could be used with a polearm.

More detail on animal companions, yes, please.

There are a number of animal types, like Lizard, Hawk, etc. Now if that lizard is a crocodile or a salamander is up to the player depending on their character background. All lizards are treated the same, their defenses, attack values and the like are based on X+Ranger's Level. Where X is a number depending on the defense and animal template.

There are various things you can get your companion to do and these that various actions some of which you can combine with a similar action by yourt character (remember the problem with economy of actions I think they have solved it). Getting the beast to attack is a standard action (so no standard action for you). Move is a move action (but you can move at the same time).

Some Ranger powers have the Beast keyword (see above) and allow you to act in concert with your beast to do different things and some do (B) damage where B is the creatures damage value, rather than (W).

Also, is there a lot more pushing and pulling and dropping prone stuff in there?

I've only really looked through the first through fighter powers in any detail, but there does seem to be a lot of pushing, sliding pulling knocking prone and shifting type powers.

Zsig

Explorer
Are there any other Racial Feats like those 2 Eladrin ones you mentioned above?

And, could you give us a hint about what Fey Blades and Longsword Finesse do?

EDIT:
Oh, and thank you!

Bagpuss

Legend
What about the 2-H Ranger option?

Erm nothing like that (at least no new Class Feature, or At-Wills that would help with a two-handed weapon).

There is a 2-Weapon Fighter option now as they get Dual Strike as an At-Will and the Tempest Technique.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads