So if Amazon screwed you, what are you going to do?

If you got screwed by Amazon, what's the plan of action?

• Suck it up and wait--the price is too good (and/or I'm too poor/frugal)

Votes: 63 59.4%
  • Cancelled the gift set and ordered the individual books through Amazon

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Amazon is dead to me: Defected to another online shop (B&N, Buy.com, etc)

Votes: 13 12.3%
  • Amazon is dead to me: I'm supporting my FLGS!!!

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • D&D is dead to me, game over

Votes: 7 6.6%

neceros

Adventurer
Blackwind said:
The ironic thing is that I canceled my pre-order a few days before this happened. After getting an early leak-peek at the books and reading some of the early reviews and discussion here and elsewhere, I went from "pretty excited" to "very pessimistic" and decided I'd rather not throw down cash for the books just yet.
You're missing out. You can't judge it based on what you hear let alone just reading the books.

You need to actually play it.

Cirex

First Post
I'm going to be patient. In no way I'm buying them at my local store, so I rather wait for the amazon ones.

Now, I would really like an e-mail by them, since I read people get e-mails by amazon explaining the situation, updating the shipping date, etc. but I got nothing of that.

I will e-mail amazon Tuesday if I haven't gotten an informative e-mail.

Aristotle

First Post
I got my notice from Amazon about the delay, so I dumped my order and ordered the books individually from Amazon. $10 more and no slip case, but the savings are still worth it to me. Should be here on the 11th.

I went ahead and preordered most of the rest of the year's releases, just in case it is a first come, first serve situation. I'm also not expecting to need any of those books as quickly as I wanted these initial books.

damiangerous

First Post
Mercurius said:
So what are you going to do (are doing)? Only vote in the poll if you've been screwed.
I wrote an email expressing how angry I was that someone with Super Saver shipping has received their order and someone with Amazon prime who paid extra for overnight has not despite us both ordering months ago. After a form letter that did not address anything I said, I followed up and told them at the very least they would be refunding shipping as I received lower quality service than even the "free" service and they could decide if I wanted to remain a Prime (or even Amazon) customer. They did refund my shipping but seemed entirely unconcerned about anything else. I will not be continuing Prime and Amazon may remain on my list as an alternate vendor but will never again be my first choice for anything.

Tequila Sunrise

Adventurer
Other: I called to complain after my ship date was changed from June 6 to June 9-12 and they gave me free two day delivery. So everyone call amazon at 1-866-216-1072 if you're having trouble! Hopefully with enough complaints they'll fix whatever problem is causing the delay.

TS

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
damiangerous said:
I wrote an email expressing how angry I was that someone with Super Saver shipping has received their order and someone with Amazon prime who paid extra for overnight has not despite us both ordering months ago.

Usually, I'll order with Super Saver and it'll get here like next day, since I'm near a warehouse.

However, this time, as I noticed my order had not shipped yet as of Friday, and there's a Barnes & Noble next to my office, and having seen that I just didn't need the DMG or MM right now, I cancelled my order and ran over and got the actually-kinda-cute-customer-service-desk chick to pull a PHB out of the back.

I was surprised to find out that I'd dodged a bullet.

Brad

Remove ads