So, say I wanted to start a story hour...

MerakSpielman

First Post
I haven't lurked in this nook of enworld much.
Are there processes and procedures to start up your own story hour?
Do you just post like I am now?
What's with the "new archiving method" thread?
What does it mean to archive your story hour? Is that so it won't get pruned?

Forgive the newbie-questions please.

Enkhidu

Explorer
In a nutshell:

Post up the story hour at will, just like starting a new thread. I would suggest making sure your formatting is easy to read (spaces between paragraphs, etc.)

The "New Archiving Method" is just as simple as uplaoding a document. Follow the directions in the StoryHour area of www.enworld.org and you'll be fine. In fact, unless you already have the story hour written, you won't need to worry about it for a while.

Archiving a Story hour actually helps in a number of ways - it keeps an uninterrupted version (usually in Word format, or something similar) of your story hour available for others to download. Also, if the Story hour has run it's course, you can archive it there permanantly so that people don't have to keep searching for the thread.

Good Luck!

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Geez, Enk, you forgot to tell Merak the most important rule of all!

See Merak, everybody here at the Story Hour forum secretly agrees that Enkhidu and I have two of the best threads in the Forum. So they've instituted a new rule that whenever you post an update to your own thread, you also have to come to our Story Hours and post a comment of some sort too.

I know it might be inconvenient sometimes, but those are the Rules! (as far as you know) ;)

Dr Midnight

Explorer
He's just kidding, Merak.

The truth of that is that you're required to read the KNIGHTS OF SPELLFORGE KEEP thread and post there, so your story hour will be as well-written and insightful as possible. The KoSK thread also helps you to maintain humility, as it will regularly remind you of your place: Should you start getting cocky, the KoSK story hour is there to show you what REAL writing skills, drama, and adventure are like.

It's not so much about lording it over you... it's just showing you where the bar of excellence is set.

Victim

First Post
To post a story hour, you follow the exact same procedure you used to start this thread, except that you'd fill the grey box where the text appears with the story. There's no requirements or anything, like having to send in a writing sample. Even I could start a story hour.

Lately, people have been editing the thread title to show when the story has last been updated.

Sniktch

First Post
The KoSK thread also helps you to maintain humility, as it will regularly remind you of your place: Should you start getting cocky, the KoSK story hour is there to show you what REAL writing skills, drama, and adventure are like.

Whoah, calm down there, big guy.

Remember, and I quote, "It rubs the lotion on its skin, or else it gets Celtavian." :p

Dr Midnight

Explorer
Hey, I don't make the rules around here. If Morrus doesn't want anyone writing a story hour without referring to the KoSK SH, that's hardly MY fault, is it?
:eek:
That's right... PUT THE %^&*ING LOTION IN THE BASKET!
Where'd I write that damned "or else it gets Celtavian" thing again??

MerakSpielman

First Post
Thanks folks! It'll be a few months before the new campaign starts, but maybe I'll post the current dungeon the characters in the current campaign are going through - the last dungeon in the campaign. It can stand on its own, I think, and will serve as a sort of "practice" story hour for me.

Yes, I think I'll do that. Stand by. It'll show up within the week.

Last edited:

Tuerny

First Post
You also might want to make sure your group is stabilized and is unlikely to suddently end before you start your Story Hour.

I have tried to start a story hour a few times only to see the campaign that was based around the Story Hour end for some reason or another. Its almost reached the point where I am just not going to try it again. Its unfair to both me , in writing the Story Hour, and my readers, who might lost in trust in me as my story hours periodically disappear, for this to keep happening so I think I am just about done.

Remove ads