D&D 5E So this is how D&D 5e dies, a beautiful start only to die in disgrace because of mismanagement. RIP 5e

Which is often anti-consumer.
No, it isn't. I don't think you understand how business works. Businesses exist to sell goods and services to consumers at the greatest possible profit. Ideally, you would sell nothing for everything.

Now, whether it is wise for a person to expend a very limited resource (income, which is limited by many factors, to include finite earning time) on any given good is a matter of opinion.

What is best for the consumer is never a concern for a business. A business only concerns itself with what is possible to sell to a consumer. For example, I still find it amazing that there is a major market selling bottled water to people who also pay a monthly fee for largely unlimited amounts of tap water, but there you go.

Aldarc

Legend
What is best for the consumer is never a concern for a business. A business only concerns itself with what is possible to sell to a consumer. For example, I still find it amazing that there is a major market selling bottled water to people who also pay a monthly fee for largely unlimited amounts of tap water, but there you go.
You can have unlimited tap water in Flint, Michigan but would you rather drink from the local water supply or buy bottled water in that case?

S'mon

Legend
I doubt this will be D&D's death knell, but hopefully they will take such a hit that they don't think they can act with impunity anymore. It's a great example why you can't trust the 800 lbs gorilla in the room.

They have created a situation where the D&D brand is probably worth more outside of Hasbro & WoTC control, than in its now-tainted state. What social media influencer will want to associate with WoTC-D&D now?

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
They have created a situation where the D&D brand is probably worth more outside of Hasbro & WoTC control, than in its now-tainted state. What social media influencer will want to associate with WoTC-D&D now?

Yeah. That's right. Hasbro is totally tarnished because of, um, the long memories and completely scrupulous behaviors of social media influencers.

In further news, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you!

Kidding aside, is anyone here reading what they are writing? Do we really need to go through a list of corporate scandals from the past 5 years? And people are trying to say that ... this ... this .... has completely tainted the company?

Bobby "I'm still the CEO, Losers," Kotick wants a word with you, S'mon.

Last edited:

S'mon

Legend
Yeah. That's right. Hasbro is totally tarnished because of, um, the long memories and completely scrupulous behaviors of social media influencers.

In further news, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to see you!

Kidding aside, is anyone here reading what they are writing? Do we really need to go through a list of corporate scandals from the past 5 years? And people are trying to say that ... this ... this .... has completely tainted the company?

Bobby "I'm still the CEO, Losers," Kotick wants a word with you, S'mon.

OK Snarf. PM me when Ginny Di does a Youtube video on the next great D&D hardback.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases