• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So, Wandavision?

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
I'm severely confused by the Vision's body that S.W.O.R.D has. We know from Age of Ultron that he's a living body, just with vibranium bonded to the cells.

From AoU:
  • Dr. Helen Cho: The regeneration cradle prints tissue, it can't build a living body.
  • Ultron: It can, you can. You lack the materials. You're a brilliant woman, Helen. But we all have room to improve. [Ultron uses the scepter to mind-control Cho]
  • Dr. Helen Cho: It's beautiful. The Vibranium atoms aren't just compatible with the tissue cells, they're binding them. And SHIELD never even thought...
  • Ultron: The most versatile substance on the planet and they used it to make a Frisbee. Typical of humans, they scratch the surface and never think to look within. [Ultron breaks open the scepter's blue gem and a yellow gem that was inside floats out and lands in his hand. He places it in the head of the body]
  • Dr. Helen Cho: Cellular cohesion will take a few hours, but we can initiate the consciousness stream. We're uploading your cerebral matrix...now.
  • Wanda Maximoff: I can read him. He is dreaming.
  • Dr. Helen Cho: I wouldn't call it dreams. It's Ultron's base consciousness, informational noise. Soon...
  • Ultron: How soon? I'm not being pushy.
  • Dr. Helen Cho: We're imprinting a physical brain. There are no shortcuts. Even if your magic gem is... [Wanda, reading Ultron's mind, sees a vision of global annihilation, which horrifies her and she screams]
But what S.W.O.R.D. had looked like a robot. Wires and stuff. Not flesh. Not a "physical brain" that Ultron needs to take hours when he can upload into his own robots (with presumably computers for brains) near instantaneously, What S.W.O.R.D. has makes no sense.

Now, when Thanos rips the mindstone from Vision's head, the attachment looks fibrous. But that still wasn't the wires and technological bits we are seeing.

Another point along the same line - in the flashback the S.W.O.R.D. techs were grinding at Vision's body. That would leave bits missing, yet he's reassebled and the only thing missing is color. And grinding to take him apart seems like something they wouldn't have to do after five years of taking him apart and putting him together again and again.

(Transcript from: Avengers: Age of Ultron)

Last edited:

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I'm severely confused by the Vision's body that S.W.O.R.D has. We know from Age of Ultron that he's a living body, just with vibranium bonded to the cells.

From AoU:

But what S.W.O.R.D. had looked like a robot. Wires and stuff. Not flesh. Not a "physical brain" that Ultron needs to take hours when he can upload into his own robots (with presumably computers for brains) near instantaneously, What S.W.O.R.D. has makes no sense.

Now, when Thanos rips the mindstone from Vision's head, the attachment looks fibrous. But that still wasn't the wires and technological bits we are seeing.

Another point along the same line - in the flashback the S.W.O.R.D. techs were grinding at Vision's body. That would leave bits missing, yet he's reassebled and the only thing missing is color. And grinding to take him apart seems like something they wouldn't have to do after five years of taking him apart and putting him together again and again.

(Transcript from: Avengers: Age of Ultron)

No the regeneration cradle creates a simulacrum of organic tissue that can then bond to a living hosts organic tissue - Dr Helen Cho thought it could NOT create a whole body, however Ultron reveals that one of Vibraniums properties is that it can mimic organic tissue - so the regeneration cradle + Vibranium created a biosynthetic body that mimics organic tissue but is primarily Vibranium

Last edited:

Staffan

Legend
It is possible that puppy was actually a cockroach. However....

She. Killed. Her. Own. Mother.
Looked more like her mother killed herself by trying to murder her daughter. Particularly after having seen the same thing happen to the rest of her coven. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

I mean, if I try to punch Johnny Storm and I get third degree burns from it, am I or he to blame? Or to take an actual Marvel example, if I try to activate my glider in order to impale Spider-Man from behind and he dodges it so it impales me instead, is Spider-Man to blame or am I?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Another point along the same line - in the flashback the S.W.O.R.D. techs were grinding at Vision's body. That would leave bits missing, yet he's reassebled and the only thing missing is color.

I wouldn't put trust in such technical details. They make stuff that would look good on the screen, not stuff that's technically accurate, or anything.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Looked more like her mother killed herself by trying to murder her daughter. Particularly after having seen the same thing happen to the rest of her coven. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Right. So, you expect people to... just stand aside when something more powerful comes along? Blame them for their own deaths when the powerful villain kills them? Are you failing to recall that this is superhero genre, not gritty dystopia?

Note to self - do not put Staffan on the team that's standing up against Thanos.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
No the regeneration cradle creates a simulacrum of organic tissue that can then bond to a living hosts organic tissue - Dr Helen Cho thought it could NOT create a whole body, however Ultron reveals that one of Vibraniums properties is that it can mimic organic tissue - so the regeneration cradle + Vibranium created a biosynthetic body that mimics organic tissue but is primarily Vibranium
Regardless if it's organic tissue or merely mimicking organic tissue, Ultron specifically states that it can be used to make a living body.

MarkB

Legend
That scene was pretty obviously staged specifically for Wanda's benefit. She had to be convinced that she was seeing a lifeless wreck, not their nearly-completed science project. It wouldn't surprise me if that wasn't even Vision's body at all.

Remove ads