So, Wandavision?

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
One thing I noticed upon rewatching episode 1, is that Vision's boss and his wife seem to get stuck in a loop as soon as the boss chokes on his food. Then as soon as Vision saves his boss with his powers, they continue with the script of the episode as if nothing has happened. Throughout episode 1, their special powers are shown with the kind of special effects of a tvshow from that era (such as the jump cut when they get their rings). But when vision saves his boss, he reaches inside of him in a way we've seen him do in the MCU movies. The boss and his wife make no mention of it. This could be explained away by Vision being behind the dinner table when he does it. But I get a strong impression that both the boss and his wife are just part of the tvshow universe, and not real people. This would explain why they get caught in a loop when the episode goes off script, and ignore how Vision intervenes. Thoughts?
I interpreted that as a pointer that it was Wanda who was controlling her 'fantasy' - when the boss and wife get stuck in the loop, Wanda and Vision sit in shock, until Wanda gives Vision the command "Vision save him" - ie it is Wanda who makes the choice to actively break the fantasy, she directs Visions action to use his powers and then resets things so the Boss and Wife skip to the next scene and she can go on with her fantasy.
Hmm, I wonder if thats the first crack, episode 2 then shows an increase in cracks as Wanda's fantasy begins to break and she is forced to reassert her denial (thus the plot charts her ascension to tragic villain)

Last edited:

Dire Bare

Legend
I interpreted that as a pointer that it was Wanda who was controlling her 'fantasy' - when the boss and wife get stuck in the loop, Wanda and Vision sit in shock, until Wanda gives Vision the command "Vision save him" - ie it is Wanda who makes the choice to actively break the fantasy, she directs Visions action to use his powers and then resets things so the Boss and Wife skip to the next scene and she can go on with her fantasy.
Hmm, I wonder if thats the first crack, episode 2 then shows an increase in cracks as Wanda's fantasy begins to break and she is forced to reassert her denial (thus the plot charts her ascension to tragic villain)
If Wanda is controlling the fantasy reality . . . she's doing it subconsciously and without a conscious realization of what's going on. And even if that is the case, it doesn't rule out someone else's involvement . . . S.W.O.R.D. or perhaps something or someone more sinister . . .

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
If Wanda is controlling the fantasy reality . . . she's doing it subconsciously and without a conscious realization of what's going on. And even if that is the case, it doesn't rule out someone else's involvement . . . S.W.O.R.D. or perhaps something or someone more sinister . . .
Wasn't the SWORD symbol on the notebook of whoever was watching wandavision at the end of the first episode? I feel like it is a foregone conclusion that they are involved somehow. How they are involved is another matter.

Theres something supernatural going on and some type of government involvement (feels like Stranger things eleven) where eleven can go places with her mind ( it think Wanda has partially gone into another realm like Dr Strange/eleven can do ) but somehow she has created a doorway for these scientists to see her and get to her if they cant get caught .

some of theses people seem to be almost acting out her fantasy and maybe some are agents (their confusion on why they are there etc). Feels like the Truman show at times

I do believe vision is there as well and isn't a figment of her imagination

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
yeah, I'd presume that its part of her decent into her Multiverse of Madness, she doesnt have conscious realization because she's in denial of reality - she wants the fantasy of a happy life with Vision.

The voice on the radio sounded concerned for her safety so I assume that was someone from SWORD, they are the ones trying to break in to the reality bubble that Wanda has created to sustain her fantasy

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
I'm intrigued by these first two episodes, but I don't yet know if I like it. I suppose with the introduction of color at the end of episode 2, we're heading towards 80's and 90's era tv shows?
Bewitched started in black and white and made the transition to color. So, in a sense we are modernizing, and also still calling back to the motif of the original TV show.
Good thing we didn't change husbands.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
The voice on the radio sounded concerned for her safety so I assume that was someone from SWORD, they are the ones trying to break in to the reality bubble that Wanda has created to sustain her fantasy

So, let us lay out how it looks...

There's the fight in Wakanda at the end of Infinity War. Vision is killed, Wanda dies in the Snap.
Wanda comes back along with everyone else in Endgame, and she is Very Ticked Off, fights in that battle.

Afterwards... Vision is still dead. You could imagine, for example, that SWORD has picked up Vision's body - the thing that made him live was extraterrestrial. She goes to them to see him, maybe to try to revive him. They aren't horrible, so they allow it...

...And seeing him lying there is too much, and she goes down the rabbit hole. You could imagine Monica Rambeau (and possible other SWORD agents) being in the room at the time, and getting dragged down with her. Either SWORD recognizes they are out of their area of expertise and cooperates with Harkness, or Harkness, realizing the issue, enters independently with her own powers. Her rabbit hole is still in a SWORD facility, and they are trying to initiate contact...

Okay, that hangs together well enough.

There are variations one could easily imagine. Like, this is all the result of her trying to forge a replacement for the Mind Stone that animated Vision. And maybe Harkness is a red herring, just another SWORD agent.

Or... Sentient Weapon... SWORD has decided to use what's left of Vision as the core for their systems, and Wanda is having None Of That, and the rabbit hole happens as she's trying to break him out of SWORD....

Remove ads