So, Wandavision?

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
If Wanda is controlling the fantasy reality . . . she's doing it subconsciously and without a conscious realization of what's going on. And even if that is the case, it doesn't rule out someone else's involvement . . . S.W.O.R.D. or perhaps something or someone more sinister . . .
Her rewinding of the scene with the "beekeeper" shows that she is conscious of the unreality going on, at least at some level. She sees that person, realizes they don't belong in this reality, says "No" in a very out-of-character (the sitcom character) way, and rewinds.

MarkB

Legend
So, let us lay out how it looks...

There's the fight in Wakanda at the end of Infinity War. Vision is killed, Wanda dies in the Snap.
Wanda comes back along with everyone else in Endgame, and she is Very Ticked Off, fights in that battle.

Afterwards... Vision is still dead. You could imagine, for example, that SWORD has picked up Vision's body - the thing that made him live was extraterrestrial. She goes to them to see him, maybe to try to revive him. They aren't horrible, so they allow it...

...And seeing him lying there is too much, and she goes down the rabbit hole. You could imagine Monica Rambeau (and possible other SWORD agents) being in the room at the time, and getting dragged down with her. Either SWORD recognizes they are out of their area of expertise and cooperates with Harkness, or Harkness, realizing the issue, enters independently with her own powers. Her rabbit hole is still in a SWORD facility, and they are trying to initiate contact...

Okay, that hangs together well enough.

There are variations one could easily imagine. Like, this is all the result of her trying to forge a replacement for the Mind Stone that animated Vision. And maybe Harkness is a red herring, just another SWORD agent.

Or... Sentient Weapon... SWORD has decided to use what's left of Vision as the core for their systems, and Wanda is having None Of That, and the rabbit hole happens as she's trying to break him out of SWORD....
A couple more things to mention.

Wanda had to see Vision die twice. First she killed him herself, then Thanos reversed time and killed him again. So that has to really suck.

But before all that, Shuri was well on the way to fully mapping out Vision's consciousness before he was forced onto the field. It's ambiguous as to how complete that process was, but I find it hard to believe that they threw that whole sequence in there for no reason. At least some portion - maybe even the majority - of Vision may exist in some form on Wakandan computers. I feel like that has to play into this in some fashion.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
A couple more things to mention.

Wanda had to see Vision die twice. First she killed him herself, then Thanos reversed time and killed him again. So that has to really suck.

But before all that, Shuri was well on the way to fully mapping out Vision's consciousness before he was forced onto the field. It's ambiguous as to how complete that process was, but I find it hard to believe that they threw that whole sequence in there for no reason. At least some portion - maybe even the majority - of Vision may exist in some form on Wakandan computers. I feel like that has to play into this in some fashion.
And given the tragic passing of Chadwick Boseman, spending a little time on that Wakandan angle as a way to boost the prominence of one or more characters from Black Panther seems like a very good idea.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Her rewinding of the scene with the "beekeeper" shows that she is conscious of the unreality going on, at least at some level.

"Conscious, on some level," is not what I'd call it. She seems to be following a fairly common (though inaccurate) media depiction of mental illness, in which a subsoncsious desire momentarily asserts itself as conscious action.

She sees that person, realizes they don't belong in this reality, says "No" in a very out-of-character (the sitcom character) way, and rewinds.

I read that less a "he does not belong" and more like, "I do not want you here."

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
"Conscious, on some level," is not what I'd call it. She seems to be following a fairly common (though inaccurate) media depiction of mental illness, in which a subsoncsious desire momentarily asserts itself as conscious action.

I read that less a "he does not belong" and more like, "I do not want you here."
That is some grade-A nitpicking, but sure. I say this as a pedant myself. ;)

Remove ads