So, Wandavision?

Rune

Once A Fool
It's a hero broken/hero redeemed arc, and basically returns her to neutral. Hero goes bad for <reasons>; hero does <bad things>; hero realizes what they have done; deeper hidden villain is revealed to have orchestrated or taken advantage of <bad things>; hero undoes <bad things> at a personal cost to themselves that evokes or repeats <reasons>; hero retires from public eye to grieve and heal in a healthier manner.

The direct follow-up is: hero learns to deal with expanded <awareness &/or abilities>; hero may or may not take mentor; hero is called to battle once again, possibly to replace or repair mentor's actions; hero becomes peer of mentor or acknowledged "sage" or "experienced/older & wiser" character. At this point we've finished and returned to a stable status quo.
I don’t think Wanda has retired to heal at the end of WandaVision. I’m pretty sure she’s searching for a way to undo the undoing of her hex.

Fortunately, the remote location removes the morally problematic element from her first hex.

Unfortunately, there are plenty of other things that can go catastrophically wrong.

MarkB

Legend
It's a hero broken/hero redeemed arc, and basically returns her to neutral. Hero goes bad for <reasons>; hero does <bad things>; hero realizes what they have done; deeper hidden villain is revealed to have orchestrated or taken advantage of <bad things>; hero undoes <bad things> at a personal cost to themselves that evokes or repeats <reasons>; hero retires from public eye to grieve and heal in a healthier manner.

The direct follow-up is: hero learns to deal with expanded <awareness &/or abilities>; hero may or may not take mentor; hero is called to battle once again, possibly to replace or repair mentor's actions; hero becomes peer of mentor or acknowledged "sage" or "experienced/older & wiser" character. At this point we've finished and returned to a stable status quo.
Whereas more realistically the direct follow-up would be "Hero is hit with multiple arrest warrants for kidnapping, reckless endangerment and a long list of other crimes, plus class action civil suits for mental trauma by an entire town's population".

Maybe that's how they bring in She-Hulk.

Rune

Once A Fool
Whereas more realistically the direct follow-up would be "Hero is hit with multiple arrest warrants for kidnapping, reckless endangerment and a long list of other crimes, plus class action civil suits for mental trauma by an entire town's population".

Maybe that's how they bring in She-Hulk.
Those warrants might exist, but I don’t think the relevant governmental agencies (SWORD or the FBI, probably?) currently have the means to enforce them. They probably are keeping an eye on her, though.

Nellisir

Hero
I don’t think Wanda has retired to heal at the end of WandaVision. I’m pretty sure she’s searching for a way to undo the undoing of her hex.

Fortunately, the remote location removes the morally problematic element from her first hex.

Unfortunately, there are plenty of other things that can go catastrophically wrong.
She's moving on from Vision's death, and "learning to deal with expanded abilities". Obviously the rationale changes with every story, but the arc is fundamentally unchanged.

Rune

Once A Fool
She's moving on from Vision's death, and "learning to deal with expanded abilities". Obviously the rationale changes with every story, but the arc is fundamentally unchanged.
Is she, though? I don’t think we’ve been presented with any evidence that she intends to leave Vision dead. She already knows she can recreate a version of him. And there’s no innocent bystanders to get caught up in her hex the next time.

I do think bringing the kids back is a higher priority for Wanda, but I don’t see any reason to assume she’s moving on from Vision.

Staffan

Legend
Is she, though? I don’t think we’ve been presented with any evidence that she intends to leave Vision dead. She already knows she can recreate a version of him. And there’s no innocent bystanders to get caught up in her hex the next time.

I do think bringing the kids back is a higher priority for Wanda, but I don’t see any reason to assume she’s moving on from Vision.
The Vision is sort of already back. HexVision basically downloaded himself into WhiteVision, who was part of non-Hex reality. We don't know exactly what the merged being will be like, but I'm sure he'll have more interaction with Wanda where we learn that.

Rune

Once A Fool
The Vision is sort of already back. HexVision basically downloaded himself into WhiteVision, who was part of non-Hex reality. We don't know exactly what the merged being will be like, but I'm sure he'll have more interaction with Wanda where we learn that.
Wanda doesn’t know any of that. As far as we know, HexVision never even told her that WhiteVision is still alive.

Remove ads