So, Wandavision?

pukunui

Legend
there is likely a connection but it is too early for anything but wild speculations, so anyone want to do that?
Stark Industries supplies SWORD with drones? Perhaps it was a normal drone that got turned into a toy helicopter when it entered the fantasy world (rather than a real helicopter) and just kept its normal colors. Or maybe Wanda's subconscious gave it those colors because of how she feels about Stark Industries (and maybe she associates anything "tech" with Stark). There's my wild speculation!

Weiley31

Legend
there is likely a connection but it is too early for anything but wild speculations, so anyone want to do that?
I mean the toaster commercial referenced Stark Industries. The two commercials after had Hydra related stuff in them which is related to Wanda's history. Maybe the Iron Man colored helicopter is referencing how Vision was technically a Stark related product when he was originally Jarvis. Or maybe when Stark liquidated most of his Military Assets and contracts, SWORD came in and swooped up all the remaining said assets they could get before the rest got dismantled/mothballed/whatever. So the Helicopter is colored in Iron Man colors to represent that it started out its existence when Stark was full on military weapons. Or heck, perhaps SWORD got all of their weapons and crap from Tony Stark when he was full on manufacturing weapons of war BEFORE the events of Iron Man 1.

Last edited:

Weiley31

Legend
Stark Industries supplies SWORD with drones?
I just got done watching Far From Home yesterday for the first time. Considering how EDITH/Drones became a major deal in that movie and where both came from, it's not surprising that could be a possibility. Especially if SWORD swooped up all the weapons and tech they could before Stark stopped being full on Weapons Manufacture. Also a possibility SWORD made use of Stark's history as a weapons dealer basically before he became Iron Man

Last edited:

Rune

Once A Fool
I just got done watching Far From Home yesterday for the first time. Considering how EDITH/Drones became a major deal in that movie and where both came from, it's not surprising that could be a possibility. Especially if SWORD swooped up all the weapons and tech they could before Stark stopped being full on Weapons Manufacture. Also a possibility SWORD made use of Stark's history as a weapons dealer basically before he became Iron Man
Tony Stark never stopped being a full-on weapons manufacturer (while alive); he just stopped selling them.

BRayne

Adventurer
On that note, do you suppose the soldiers were all pointing their guns at Geraldine / Monica because they didn't recognize her in her 70s garb? If so, I presume we might see a little scene where she identifies herself and then they stand down. Otherwise, it seems a bit strange that they'd regard one of their own agents as a threat. (Unless of course the soldiers aren't affiliated with SWORD.)

I thought they were pointing their weapons as they approached but lowered them as they got close enough to see who it was?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I thought they were pointing their weapons as they approached but lowered them as they got close enough to see who it was?
Yeah, also, maybe they weren't sure if she came out sane. I suspect that she doesn't have powers (yet!) but she still might be dangerous, even if they're on the same side. They looked to me like they 'covered' her until they got up close enough to see who and how she was.

pukunui

Legend
This is the final scene:

It's hard to tell but it looks to me like there are still some guys pointing their guns at her.

Untitled-1.jpg

Another odd detail that I can't quite explain, is that in the black and white toaster commercial there is an oddly long pause and then the light turns red. Why would this minor detail in the commercial have color?

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Another odd detail that I can't quite explain, is that in the black and white toaster commercial there is an oddly long pause and then the light turns red. Why would this minor detail in the commercial have color?

Red is a recurring motif in the show, which appears to represent Wanda using her powers, including her unconcious reality bending.

I think the toaster was Wanda’s recollection of the Stark Industry bomb that destroyed her home, in AoUltron Pietro explains that he and Wanda lay under the bed for 2 days watching the bomb waiting for it to pop, the red light is the timer, which she has edited out and replaced with a toaster

I think the toaster was Wanda’s recollection of the Stark Industry bomb that destroyed her home, in AoUltron Pietro explains that he and Wanda lay under the bed for 2 days watching the bomb waiting for it to pop, the red light is the timer, which she has edited out and replaced with a toaster

Woa, nice catch! That also explains the long pause.

Remove ads