So, Wandavision?

I'm wondering if somewhere after Tony's funeral, Wanda learned that SWORD was doing shady things with Vision's corpse (but how, and from whom?), and then went into a furious rage much like she did against Thanos. SWORD is definitely hiding their involvement in this whole ordeal. And if Wanda does have a split personality, this event may have been the catalyst for all of this.

Dotty has been notably absent in all of these episodes, which is odd considering the casting. Surely she has a bigger part to play in all this? Especially since she is one of the characters, along with Agnes, whose true identity has not been confirmed.

pukunui

Legend
Dotty has been notably absent in all of these episodes, which is odd considering the casting. Surely she has a bigger part to play in all this? Especially since she is one of the characters, along with Agnes, whose true identity has not been confirmed.
I think she'll be back next episode, as there's a quick snippet of her looking suspicious while smelling a yellow rose in the trailer.

The episode also never calls Wanda the Scarlet Witch. In fact, they placed extra emphasys on the fact that they don't use her alias. I believe behind the scenes, the name Scarlet Witch may have been long tied up in rights issues with the X-men franchise, just like the name Quicksilver. But considering the reveal at the end of the episode, I think they are now spinning the rights issue into a multiverse plot point. Meaning that Scarlet Witch could very well be a version of Wanda from an alternate reality.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I don't know who that is.

In the comics, Agatha Harkness is a centuries-old witch, leader of the town of New Salem. She first comes to our attention by becoming governess for Franklin Richards (who later turns out to have reality-bending powers). In that role, she helps the FF deal with some mystically weird stuff that isn't in their usually science-wheelhouse.

Later, Agatha Harkness tutors Wanda Maximoff in use of magic, to compliment her magic-adjacent "Hex Power" (which in the comics is her ability to alter reality by playing with probabilities). This ultimately leads to the birth of her children in the comics, as magic is part of their creation.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I fully expect the show to revisit Wanda's attack on SWORD's facility from a different angle. But if all things in West View are real and physical, but altered... what does this mean for the kids and the dog? And why did the dog die?

I don't expect it. That footage was originally shot as an end-scene for Endgame that they later cut, which introduces complications (like, sets not beign available, etc) if theylater try to do other viewpoints of the same event.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Heck, that might even be the case with your multiple personalities for Wanda - she pulled a version of herself who could "handle things better" than she could. A tough, nasty Wanda, who's taking care of business so she can have a "normal" life.

They seem to share the same body, though - remember the lullaby scene with Rambeau. We see her go from nice to angry to throwing Monica across town and out of the bubble.

The last place we see Vision in the movies was during the battle of Wakanda, so its reasonable to assume that Wanda would start searching for Vision in Wakanda.

Except, of course, for how before she gets to start that, she's on the field of battle with several Avengers who didn't blip, and who we can expect would, you know, talk with her and stuff. And, again, after that fight, who do you think comes to get control of the situation? From what we see, SWORD is the obvious choice.

There is still an unanswered question of how SWORD got the remains out of Wakanda and in to its own facility - presumably somewhere near Westview, New Jersey.

Exactly how that happens is probably not important to the plot, and will not be answered.

Do we know whether, in the MCU, SWORD and SHIELD are related in any way aside from the complimentary names?

Fury appears on a space station at the end of Spider Man: Far From Home.

We can wonder whether or not Black Widow’s dump of SHIELD secrets onto the internet included SWORD secrets. And, while we’re at it, whether or not HYDRA knew of or had opportunity to infiltrate SWORD.

It looks to me like they are positioning SWORD as, "Nick Fury establishes a new organization after SHIELD is blown." (Edit - okay, turns out I was wrong on that. Carry on.)

Last edited:

I don't expect it. That footage was originally shot as an end-scene for Endgame that they later cut, which introduces complications (like, sets not beign available, etc) if theylater try to do other viewpoints of the same event.

I did not know that that particular scene was the deleted footage from Endgame. Still, it was so fuzzy in the episode, that they could easily cook up a copy of the set similar to it, and reshoot the scene from a different angle. I don't think that would be hard at all.

Alternatively, they can also explain what happened just through dialogue. But the show has shown us a scene from different perspectives before, like when Monica is ejected from the Hex.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
I did not know that that particular scene was the deleted footage from Endgame. Still, it was so fuzzy in the episode, that they could easily cook up a copy of the set similar to it, and reshoot the scene from a different angle. I don't think that would be hard at all.

Alternatively, they can also explain what happened just through dialogue. But the show has shown us a scene from different perspectives before, like when Monica is ejected from the Hex.
Plus, Wanda's emotional reaction to discovering what's going on, and then storming the SWORD facility, and then encountering and/or creating and/or altering this reality bubble - that all seems like something the writers would want to show full-on.

Remove ads